Anyone getting C-band TI in LA/OC So Cal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

Friends are reporting interference to C-band transponders 3 and 4, anyone else getting interference in So Cal?

I ran around with a spectrum analyzer and found a tower in La Habra Heights that seems to be the culprit, hoping to get keys to the site tomorrow for further investigation.
prcguy

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi prcguy,

The interference can also be from aircraft radar. Shortly after 9-11 many TVRO owners experienced radar interference on the lower C-band transponders. I think Microwave filter company had a filter that connected between the LNB and the feedhorm flange that would reduce or eliminate the offending signals. I think it was a few hundred bucks at least.

Joe

prcguy

This particular interference is from a tower on a hill top and its within the C band downlink spectrum. I've monitored it with a directional antenna from several sides of the hill top and there is no question its coming from a tower. Apparently its been going on continuously since May.

I've installed dozens of MFC filters for aircraft altimeter and marine radar, that's to fix out of band problems and those filters will have no effect on an inband signal. Next week I'll have access to the building that supports the tower to find the specific thing that is causing interference.
prcguy

Hi prcguy,

The interference can also be from aircraft radar. Shortly after 9-11 many TVRO owners experienced radar interference on the lower C-band transponders. I think Microwave filter company had a filter that connected between the LNB and the feedhorm flange that would reduce or eliminate the offending signals. I think it was a few hundred bucks at least.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.