Russian space walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
It is; well done.

Hearing them Is something out of the ordinary.

ind224

Yep, I missed it

I had three scanners set up and was gonna manually toggle 130.167 and 143.625 just in case but Heavens Above is giving me a redirect and I worked late last night. I was expecting a great pass at about 1315 local and then finally some sleep when that pass did not happen I had to go to sleep and missed two good passes after 3pm. If you have a recording specifically of today or would share what you used to receive, much appreciated.

SDRPlayer

Premium Subscriber
according to the BBC, it was the longest space walk ever, all 8 hours and i missed it also. we might be lucky again as the new antenna was installed but is not aligned correctly.

ind224

Got it ;)

Very weak and about 2-3 seconds worth when they were directly over Indianapolis. Limited to a 5 khz step with the 780xlt connected to a Stationmaster 130.165 FM (not wide or narrow) worked.
No doubt even a hand pointed yagi would help quite a bit.

ind224

The pass that just went over Colorado was better. Still very short in duration but the audio came over the static better.

spacellamaman

to those who think there is little reason to add the commonly listed ISS freqs (other than the mandatory 145.8 and .825), due to the little said in recent years of their useage, consider this a further verification that it IS worthwhile.

the past six months have resulted in many Rx's that the previous 4 years TOTAL. i rx'd 130,167, 121.75, AND 143.625 in a one hour span, (which was presumably a ten minute block) yesterday. close to five minutes worth total. one recording was 3+ minutes.

out door antenna has so far been the only noticed requirement, and i dont mean a fixed antenna and the hassles that come with it, i just mean the scanner is outside hooked up to a large duckie or a telescoping whip type. a 16+ inch wire crammed in the socket will do pretty good. don't be a cheapskate like i was. live a little, splurge for once in your life. tear up that (useless) hanger and force it to do something worthwhile. just go out tommorrow and blow a nickle on a new one. who hangs up their clothes anyway, right?

obviously more optimum setups work better but so far hasn't been much needed.

i went for a long time without adding the oddball ones in due to assuming it was a waste of space, so i want to emphasize to others like myself...DO IT!

P.S. anyone know Russian?

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
The frequencies are plugged into one of the scanners on a discone here, and they spring to life occasionally.

Always a good catch.

ind224

Today while trying to catch AF1 arriving KIND about 11a local, 143.625 sprang to life and obviously took priority. Heavy Russian males into full quieting then a female much weaker in English talking about a procedure. 2045 fed with Diamond discone.

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
Good catch.

When I just checked, my ISS Favorites List was turned off, so that might explain why I haven't heard anything myself for a while :(

Status
Not open for further replies.