Butel Registration Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBreen

Hello All,

I am using a new Pro-163 (GRE300) scanner.

I got Butel ARC300 software via the demo download and paid via the Butel site for the registration (I got the receipt from PayPal). I got an email from Butel with the key1 and key2 information. I opened the demo software and went through the registration process. The registration window came up and I typed in the keys exactly as they were in the email. When I did that a message was automatically printed that gave me the ARC300 (very same) registration information. I thought that this was confirmation that the software was registered.

I succeeded in doing a download from the computer of the data that was already in the Pro-163. I then put a lot of work into that file to create an alternate for use later. Then I tried to save the new file with a "save as" command and a window popped up telling me "demo expired, save option disabled"!!!???

Apparently the registration did not work. So, my question is what did I do wrong and now what do I do? I would really not like to lose the time I put into the new file.

I see one anomaly in the registration email; here is the registration email:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your code(s) for ARC300 download:

Key1: AA3XXXXXXXXX Key2: 0XXX-XXX-XX

This is your personal registration code. Make sure you store it in a safe place!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What to do next?

The registration code must be entered in the ARC demo software to turn it into a
full version:

- start the demo software
- select HELP _ REGISTER and enter your registration code

IMPORTANT:
The registration is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as shown including
the dashes.
Also make sure that you enter the registration code in the right software (ARC433).
The registration must be typed in, copy/paste from this email may not work.

If you did not download and install the demo version yet, you can download the software
from http://www.butel.nl/download.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is your personal registration code. Make sure you store it in a safe place!
For resending registration codes there is a US$ 10.00 charge.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that I am registering ARC300 software (when the registration pop-up box appeared it says (register ARC300) but there is a reference to "ARC433" near the end of the email(?). Maybe this is meaningless?

Can anyone give me an idea of what I am doing wrong on the installation? I have repeatedly tried the registration with the keys supplied but it still gives me the "demo time expired" message.

Regards, John (N3JPB)

JohnBreen

Thanks N2MDK.

OK I tried that too (several times) and it still will not let me save the file to a folder. Interestingly, it allowed me to upload the modified file to the scanner (of course writing over the data that was there). So, now I am wondering why it lets me upload a file to the scanner but will not let me save the file to a folder. Hmmmmmmmmmmm???

After I pulled the cable out of the scanner I tried again to save the file with the same negative results.

BTW, when I click help>about, it tells me it is "ARC300 Copyright 2008-Bu-Tel Software BV-V1.00 build 1 - Full Version". I THINK that implies I ma NOT using a demo version so why will it not let me save the file??? By the way the software will be great once I get it to work completely. I am impressed by the capability.

Any other suggestions?

Regards, John (N3JPB)

Last edited:

JohnBreen

Hello all,

Thanks to Gommert my problems are all resolved. There was no problem with the software, rather it was a case of newby fumbling. This is a great product and I am looking forward to learning more about it.

Thanks to all for your help.

Regards, John (N3JPB)

bigslide44

I have the Arc Patrol software that I purchased from Scanner Master along with my Home Patrol II scanner. The radio works great. The Sentinal software installed easily. However, the Arch Patrol software says the demo has expired and I need to go to the Butel Software page to register.

I went to the Butel page and I have not been able to find a place to register. I have low vision, so I could have missed something. I have legitimate keys. Help?

zac

Premium Subscriber
How I know If I am registered after typing in the codes? When I went out of the software and back to it it still saying demo

Status
Not open for further replies.