Question: Audio Recording Freeware? VOX/Timestamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

chgomonitor

Silent Key
I'm looking for for some preferably freeware audio soundcard recording software of some sort. My needs are specific;

1. Windows XP compatible
2. Voice activated
3. Most importantly, it either time stamps each VOX recorded bite or saves them as individual files in a directory.

I want to do unattended audio recording and then be able to go back and associate each recording to a time stamped log hit recorded in ARC780.

Make sense?

I've tried the free sound recorder built into the windows OS and "scanner recorder". Scanner recorder does generate a recording log but it seems useless. I can't figure a way to then playback the WAV file created by "scanner recorder" to match the log hits with the sound bites.

Any suggestions? Anyone using something similar?

Thanks in advance, Happy Scanning! - Ted

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
VoxToFile

This may do some of what ya want.....didn't see it in the Wiki.

Couldn't find any download sites on Google......it's freeware so PM me if ya want it.

I used it to record a search & rescue operation a few years back it I was impressed with it.

Attachments

• VoxToFile.jpg
    VoxToFile.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 6,543

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Ooops....missed it

Here it is in the Wiki

Bottom of the page.....Xcorder 2.0

Looks as if the developer changed the name with version 2.02 to VoxToFile which is what I have.

Give it a try......it's free......all ya need is a patch cable from radio to mic input.

lugoffman

I don't want to hijack a thread but don't know were to post my qusetion.
So my question is somewhat the same , but what I am looking for is a program or what ever to connect my scanners and put them in search mode and it records and keeps a log and keeps track of eack talk group Id's and frequency.
Reason being is I think my county is changing around and using different frequency's and just want to keep track of them.
So if you know of a good program please PM me so I don't hijack this thread. or if what he was asking is tottaly different let me know so I will start a new thread . But I don't know what to call the thread Lol !!

Thanks------ Jason

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The IDTracker program does exactly that, it is what it was designed to do.

The recording functions of all the ARC programs is poor in comparison, IMHO, to what IDTracker does for free. Kudos for David for providing that to the scanner community.

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
Try ID Tracker. I'm quite happy with it. Search the forums for other comments, too.
http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/d/kd5eis/IDTracker/IDTracker.htm

With me being a beta tester for IDtracker( oh yeah, the GRE 500 and 600 is in public beta on the website ), it will do everything except if you want both separate banks, systems or object all in the same sound file. At home I have a P25 system in one object(or bank) and the county fire which is still conventional in another object and the IDtracker program cannot put all the traffic into one sound file.

The only free program that can do that is scanner recorder. Unless you donate to get a copy of the beta of scanner recorder pro, it will not stop and start recording a new file after so much time. So unless you stop it you would have a wav file hundreds of megs big. Where IDtracker and start a file after soo much time which I set to 25 minutes of audio.
Scanner recorders homepage is http://www.davee.com/scanrec/

If you only have one bank, system or group you listen to and you have a GRE 500/600 or one of the unidens I would use IDtracker. I have used both and are great free programs. If you don't have one of the scanners that IDtracker can handle, then scanner recorder is the best solution being it is free. Just remember to stop and start a new file everyday.

scania1994

Hi
I was looking on google program "voxtofile" but it is not there.
Please send me linkt to download. You may have other programs for scanners? I'm using xrecorder 2.0 but it is already old and has many errors. sorry that I write in the old subjects. I am a Pole and I use the translator. sorry for mistakes

KB6HOH

Need this Software

Here it is in the Wiki

Bottom of the page.....Xcorder 2.0

Looks as if the developer changed the name with version 2.02 to VoxToFile which is what I have.

Give it a try......it's free......all ya need is a patch cable from radio to mic input.

Bubba!

If you or anyone else who has this Software please contact me ASAP at:
kb6hoh_AT_comcast_DOT_net

73 de Steve KB6HOH

Status
Not open for further replies.