RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software - This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 10:24 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Question errot code

I keep getting an error code when trying to run twotone detect

The VI is not executable. The full development version of LABVIEW is required to fix these errors.

I have followed all the steps mentioned to install twotone detect. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled all the programs twice. I am installing version 2.2 from the link on this forum.

I don't know what else to try

Thanks

Bob
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2009, 8:12 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8zxe View Post
I keep getting an error code when trying to run twotone detect

The VI is not executable. The full development version of LABVIEW is required to fix these errors.

I have followed all the steps mentioned to install twotone detect. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled all the programs twice. I am installing version 2.2 from the link on this forum.
Try installing version 21 and see if that works for you. If it does work, that would indicate a problem with version 22 that I need to fix. Let me know what you find. Also make sure you have the .NET framework installed.

Andy
Old 03-05-2009, 6:55 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Talking got it to work

Thanks for the quick help. I finally got it to work. It looks like it was an issue with the .net software.

The e-mail works great too. I have it send me a text message when it receives a page. Sweet!

Thanks for the software

Robert,
BFD73
Old 03-05-2009, 7:53 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Cool e-mail smtp server

Ok I got TwoTone Detect up and running. However, I am only having luck with one smtp server forwarding the e-mails. I am using an SMTP server from where I work and every page goes through to my cell phone via works SMTP server and Sprint's gateway (xxx5551212@messaging.sprintpcs.com)

However, I don't want to keep using this as work is kinda funny about issues like this. I have AT&T as my dsl provider and they require SSL in the SMTP settings. Correct me if I'm wrong but TwoTone detect does not support this. I also have a GoDaddy web-site with SMTP e-mail non SSL but I never get a text message when I use there settings. I also tried inbox.com with no luck. I believe that AT&T blocks outbound port 25 but most places accept connections on port 587 or 465 (like my work) so this isn't a big deal. I am wondering what other people are using for their SMTP relay.

Thanks once again.

Bob
Old 03-06-2009, 11:59 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I've been using gmail with good success. They seem to get emails fired off faster than my ISP's smtp server.

Andy
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2009, 4:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default update to my problems

I guess I should have looked into it more before I posted issues. Anyways, here is how I have things running. Hopefully it might help someone.

The issue I thought I had with Google not working as an SMTP server was solved. I had my cell phone number in as the address, (to send me a text not email). I found out that Sprint was kicking the e-mail back because the size was too large. This wasn't happening with a different SMTP server however, just gmail. When I set the record time to zero seconds it works fine with gmail and my cell phone gets a text almost before the dispatcher speaks if both department tones are sent out. However, it doesn't record audio since I set the time to zero. I decided to use the command line feature once a tone-set is received. I downloaded an audio recorder that has features of running and stopping from the command line. I set it up and now this program takes over the recording while TwoTone detect gets the e-mail going A.S.A.P. I also installed Abyss free web-server and set it up so that the sound recorder would save it's files to the same directory where the web-server index directory is. I can now listen to the pages by going to my web-site.

I could probably make it much easier if I just sent the e-mail to my phone instead of a text message but this way I am notified quicker and I don't have an e-mail package on my phone so it's cheaper too. There are times where my pager doesn't go off at work because of reception so I am hoping that this might be quick enough to allow me to step outside and still hear the original page. SWEET

Bob
Old 03-08-2009, 5:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Bob,

Maybe you've already tried it, but there is the possibility of trying to send a Multimedia Message (MMS) to your phone instead of a text message. Most people use MMS messaging to send pictures, but audio can work as well. Usually it's a different email address you need to send it to. From what I've been able to find online, it looks like the MMS email address for a Sprint phone is xxxxxxxxxx@pm.sprint.com

Try sending an mp3 file to that address and see what happens. It may not work, but worth a shot.

Andy
Old 03-15-2009, 2:14 PM

Not sure if this helps, but I am having problems with the program crashing randomly. Here is the error in my event log. This is on windows server 2003. Both 21 and 22 give the same.

Faulting application twotonedetect.exe, version 1.0.0.5, stamp 46a69bca, faulting module waveio.dll, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 42f0f0ac, debug? 0, fault address 0x00002052.
Old 03-18-2009, 6:13 AM

First, I'm a latecomer to the thread, but I'm impressed, both by the quality of the software, as well as the vast knowledge on this board.

Would there be a way to put a VOX feature (so as not to record dead air), and/or stop recording when the carrier is dropped? Maybe keep the timeout feature (30, 60, 90, 120, 180 seconds, etc.).

Thanks again!

Doug
Old 03-23-2009, 1:27 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I have been using TwoTone Detect for a few months. I find it to be exactly what I have been looking for. But, after running the program, it seems to freeze up and freeze all other programs running on the computer. This happens after about 3 or 4 days of running just fine. This computer is running a couple of other programs, but they all seem to freeze after running TwoTone Detect for a few days. Shutting down the programs and restarting them seems to work, then it does the same thing all over again. It sometimes does a hard freeze and end program does not work and I have to reboot.

Any suggestions or things that I should be looking at? Otherwise the program is great!!!

John
Old 03-23-2009, 1:29 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

We have the same problem, but the setup we are running is a headless machine using firedaemon to control all other applications, and just having the two tone detect in the startup folder. I think the longest we have gone without an issue is 3 days, but I made the setup simple enough that I can tell anyone who notices a problem just has to unplug and replug the machine and that seems to help
Old 03-23-2009, 2:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Sorry about this problem guys. Unfortunately I'm having a tough time troubleshooting it because it's never happened to me. I think it's specific to some systems and/or operating systems. I'm running it on Vista and can run for many days with no issues without a restart.

Andy
Old 03-23-2009, 2:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

For reference, the machine it is running on is a 1.5GHz P4 with XP. Could not get it to run on the vista machine
Old 03-25-2009, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonL View Post
The problem I am having is that when the program emails the mp3 to a cell phone via the mms address (**********@mms.att.net) I get an error on the phone at says " the file was removed from the message as not supported". This only happens when an mms is sent from the program. When I send an email from my gmail account with an mp3 attached to the mms address it comes accross just fine. It seems that the problem must be in the way the program attaches the file to the email. Anyone have a fix or suggestions to fix this? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonL View Post
My phone does support mp3 mms as I stated in my original post. I actually have the Blackberry Bold so I can just have them send to my email and it works just fine. But if I recieve the message as an mms instead of an email it is much easier because I dont have to download and save the file on my phone to play it. Since I am trying to get this to work for a group I have tried it with other peoples phones (not blackberry) also and they get the same error message "the file was removed from the message as not supported". But it works with all of them if I send a message from my gmail account with an mp3 attached. So I think the problem must be in the way the program attaches the mp3 to the message.

Anybody have a fix for this? I am still having this problem. Thanks
Old 04-06-2009, 10:02 AM

HarrisonRHW,

There is an easy fix to the freezing up issue. We also experience the same problem -- the program will freeze after running continuously for several days. Since we're running it on a dedicated (albeit rather old) machine, we just set it up in Windows Scheduled Tasks (Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools) to restart the machine every morning at 3am and automatically re-run TwoToneDetect upon startup.

Fixed. (As long as you don't get a page between 3:00 and 3:02am, that is...) :-)
Old 04-10-2009, 8:30 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I have gotten the program to work very well sending a mms or pix message to my cell phone as an audio file and it opens with no problems and has clear audio. I have verizon, the address is 0000000000@vzwpix.com...works VERY well!! I would like to thank the maker of this excellent and simple to use program!

I have just one question,

I am looking to make this a secondary messaging system to our minitor 5 pagers rather than a "alerting" system for my fire dept, how many numbers or email addresses can be added to a single tone set? Is there a limit as to how many can be added? Thanks for the help and THANKS to the Maker!.
Old 04-10-2009, 9:01 AM

FFEMTRFC1:

First, I agree that this is a great program. Andy should market it professionally. I can't tell you how many departments have approached me looking to implement something similar. I've had calls from departments over 50 miles away and I have no idea how they found out we were using it. Amazing!

As a relatively long-term user, I will say that while the program is pretty darn good, there are many limitations if you're considering it as a "secondary" alerting system. While we have had cases where calls were answered because members heard it on their phones (and weren't carrying their Minitors), it's important to remember simple human nature. Some people will STOP carrying their Minitors all together. This creates a big problem -- our TwoToneDetect is not able to function if the power is off or if there is a problem with the Internet connection. There are lots of weak links in the chain -- the most significant one being e-mail which everyone knows can have delivery time affected by a wide variety of factors. While we usually receive the mp3 attachments in under a minute, they occasionally get dropped completely.

Despite what you tell them, people WILL begin to use it as a primary alerting means. I also find that from time to time various providers will have problems with their MMS gateways preventing pages from going to entire groups of people (on that phone carrier). Rolling it out to multiple phones on multiple carriers is a bigger challenge than we anticipated initially. We have had no luck making it work with AT&T and have had to do work arounds, such as sending it via Yahoo e-mail to iphones (which apparently have problems with MMS). There are many more examples of problems like this. None of them Andy's fault, for sure, but challenges nonetheless that are beyond of the scope of what changes to the program can solve.

As far as a wide distribution list, we just have twotonedetect send it to a single gmail address and then set up filters on that address that forwards it on to each additional e-mail. We can edit the gmail filters on the fly without having to physically be at the twotonedetect computer. We have it set up to forward any message that has an attachment. That way, if some random spam gets sent the the address, it will likely not go through (unless it contains an attachment). Slick.
Old 04-10-2009, 9:27 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Thanks for the help MST207,

If implemented I would make the guys sign a disclaimer waiver form letting them and our dept. have on file that they know its just for informational purposes only. I do understand that people would probably try to ditch their minitors. The waiver would eliminate all liability associated with a primary alerting system, our dept. simply wants another source for pages, a surrounding county uses a TEXT format for text messaging the address/call type/time in addition to VHF Motorola minitor paging. Having actual call AUDIO coming into the phones of our members that would be our intent, not having it as a PRIMARY source for the call.

Thanks
Old 04-10-2009, 9:53 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemtrfc1 View Post
IHow many numbers or email addresses can be added to a single tone set? Is there a limit as to how many can be added?
The program itself doesn't have a limit. Any limits would come from the .NET email functions that the program calls or your ISP/email provider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemtrfc1 View Post
If implemented I would make the guys sign a disclaimer waiver form letting them and our dept. have on file that they know its just for informational purposes only.
If I were you I'd make it say that they agree that they will always carry their pager when on duty/in town/whatever and that they will not rely on their phone for paging. As has been mentioned, there are too many uncontrolled factors (power, ISP, wireless companies) that don't have any service guarantees to use this for alerting. I designed it to keep tabs on what was going on when I was out of pager range, not as a substitute for carrying a pager.

Andy
Old 04-17-2009, 9:29 PM

Is anyone else having a problem with it not decoding long tones?