Trying to program pro97 with win 97 for talk groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottglerum

I am trying to put in Montgomery county, Maryland Police talk groups using the web import--->trunked systems in the win 97 menu. Once I get them imported into win 97, I then choose to upload to scanner. ( See Screenshot ) They appear to load fine. But I can’t seem to scan the talk groups. If I hit scan, it says all channels are locked out. On the left side of the screenshot, I know if I put frequencies in there, then it will scan those fine. If I hit the pgm key then Trunk key I can see the talk groups listed. . But how do I scan the talk groups? If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I have looked through the forms, the manual for answers but cant seem to find it.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,003

ddoorman

Looking at your screenshot of win 97 I see that you have entered some talk groups but I do not see any frequencies as being entered. Maybe my eyes are going bad, but without freq's your scanner will not scan.

scottglerum

Ok so that was my first mistake assuming that putting in the talk groups would automatically put in the frequencies. I guess i need to research talkgroups alot more in the forums which i am doing right now. Hopefully by the end of the day I will understand how to input the police frequencies. Could someone possibly walk me through programming talk groups and frequencies for Montgomery County, MD?? Just to give you an idea, I would want Police, Fire, EMS, on separate banks.

Last edited:

qlajlu

Silent Key
Ok so that was my first mistake assuming that putting in the talk groups would automatically put in the frequencies. I guess i need to research talkgroups alot more in the forums which i am doing right now.
Although WIN97 and WIN500 are for different scanners, both share the same author and you should have seen a screen similar to the one below. It was at that point you had the opportunity to select the sites to import along with the TGs. It is the sites that carry the frequencies shared by the TGs on the system.

Also read Trunking Basics to better understand how trunking works.

Import_TGs_4.jpg

DELCOLHFC

Scott, I'd be glad to help with programming with Win97 but a after quick look at the Montco MD TRS in the Database here Scanner Frequencies: Montgomery County Trunking System, Montgomery County, Maryland it looks to me to be a mostly digital system. The "MODE" column shows mostly "D" for digital or "E" for encrypted with only a couple of "A"'s for analog. Your Pro-97 will only decode analog signals, you would need a digital capable scanner for this system by the looks of things.
If I'm mistaken maybe someone from the area could straighten us both out here.

scottglerum

Yes you are right. After reading quite a bit, Montgomery County is mostly Digital now. Montgomery County, Rockville, Gaithersburg, Chevy Chase Village, and Takoma Park all use this Motorola Project 25 trunked system for all public safety communications. Well i guess i need to buy a digital trunking scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.