Butel scanner software

Status
Not open for further replies.

bezking

What Scanner? You MUST go to Butel's webpage and upgrade to the LATEST version! Changes were made to RadioReference's data service that rendered old versions unable to connect.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
not sure about this, but it may never supported that feature. I looked on the wiki and it looks like there really isn't a lot of software that does support that scanner. might want to check out the regional forums to see is someone can send you the systems you want in a CSV file and you might be able to import them into the Butel software. you could also try the Yahoo! groups for that model.

EDIT: another thought, try FreeScan to get the data imported from RRDB, export to a CSV and then import (if you can) into the Butel software.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually ARC780 doesn't work with RR either. It's just too old...

Anyway, for the 898 you might be better off with Scan Control, frankly. While it doesn't have a RR web import, it does have a 'Data Grabber' tool that allows you to copy/paste from the Windoze clipboard. Not elegant, and not the way I would have done it, but it does work 73 Mike

jwgardiner

Butel software

Thanks to all who responded to my post.
I am probably at fault for not reading carefully enough before buying.
I will try the suggestions...
Thanks...Bill N3DXE

SCPD

QRT
There are also many versions of Butel software that still do not support the recent change with RR. I own two SC230's and have 2 month old (paid for) software that does not work correctly now. Butel told me they are too busy with other priorities to update right now.

That stinks.....

qlajlu

Silent Key
Thanks to all who responded to my post.
I am probably at fault for not reading carefully enough before buying.
I will try the suggestions...
Thanks...Bill N3DXE

As long as you are trying suggestions, I suggest you get a Premium Subscription to RR. Without a Premium Subscription, no software will allow direct imports. The best you could hope for would be a copy/paste type programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.