New WinXX versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonS

At approximately 0950 (UTC -0800) this morning, I released new versions of Win96 (1.67), Win97 (1.29), and Win500 (1.91).

There are two important changes in the new versions:
  1. Added support for site-specific trunking tables ("bandplans") when importing from RadioReference
  2. Sped up the download of trunked systems from RadioReference. For example, I used to see about 10 minutes to retrieve MPSCS; it now takes me about 3 minutes.

Edit: This is a further update from the one discussed in this thread: 12 Dec 2009 RR change and WinXXX

Last edited by a moderator:

cfr301

At approximately 0950 (UTC -0800) this morning, I released new versions of Win96 (1.67), Win97 (1.29), and Win500 (1.91).

There are two important changes in the new versions:
  1. Added support for site-specific trunking tables ("bandplans") when importing from RadioReference
  2. Sped up the download of trunked systems from RadioReference. For example, I used to see about 10 minutes to retrieve MPSCS; it now takes me about 3 minutes.

Loaded working Fine Here Don..Thanks for all you do..

Rick

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
After downloading it comes up win500 and also win500 COM...I have noticed this on previous versions also... What is this, Which one is best? either or?

Right at the very top of the webpage:

Note to Linux users: If you need to access the USB/Serial cable as a 'COM port' under Wine, you can run the Win500_COM.EXE executable. The only difference between it and the Win500.EXE file is how the program accesses the cable (COM port vs. directly to driver).

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Im sorry if i sound like a idiot here but have not received a comfortable answer yet, sent "Don " a email but he must be busy..RE-.Downloaded to the desktop my Win96 on my new Windows7computer, it says on the web site its Windows Vista, can we unzip it with no problems and can i use my GRE500 blue cable as the old grey cable had a "serialport, now i have only USB ports...I don't want to cause any problem with this new Compaq as its spoiled me after using a 11 year old Gateway...I thank you very much for any help....

TES

From StarrSoft.com:

System Requirements

In order to run Win96, you'll need the following:

A copy of the Win96 program
A PRO-96 or PRO-2096 Digital Trunking Scanner
A programming cable. There are several cables that will work. See this web page for more information.
A PC running Windows 2000 or later (i.e. 2000, XP, Vista, 7).

Sure looks like it runs on Windows 7 to me.

Highpockets

Win500 settings

Using v1.91 of Win500 in the extended settings tab, if you look at the endtone threshold setting it says 250 if you use the set back to defaults it changes that setting to 80, what is the default setting 250 or 80? If you use the new template, it starts with that setting as 250.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Sorry...I put the original message in the wrong thread...I have copied to the proper area...

Last edited:

hockeydad

I just downloaded the trial Win500 last night onto my laptop. After a bit of playing with it, I seemed to get the hang of how it works.
I do still have one problem, when I would drop out of it I would have to go back to the site and re-load it to get it up and running again. I am not sure what I am doing wrong to put a shortcut up on my desktop to be able to run it when I want to, without having to keep downloading it over and over.
I was using the Butel software, but withis software I got much better results as far as some of the sites I wasn't able to pull in with the Butel software. I will be switching software, It is between the Win500 or the PSREdit. I did also notice between the PSRedit and the Win500 that the PSR software had a audio boost button, does yours? Thanx.

DonS

I just downloaded the trial Win500 last night onto my laptop. After a bit of playing with it, I seemed to get the hang of how it works.
I do still have one problem, when I would drop out of it I would have to go back to the site and re-load it to get it up and running again. I am not sure what I am doing wrong to put a shortcut up on my desktop to be able to run it when I want to, without having to keep downloading it over and over.
I can't imagine why you'd have to keep re-downloading the software. If you've downloaded the Win500.ZIP file, extracted its contents to a directory on your hard drive, then created a shortcut to the Win500.EXE file in that directory, you shouldn't ever have to re-download (unless, of course, you want to download some future update that might be available).
I did also notice between the PSRedit and the Win500 that the PSR software had a audio boost button, does yours? Thanx.
Win500 does handle the scanner's "Audio Boost" function on any object that supports that function. For TSYS objects, it's the "Boost" column; for CONV and TGRP objects, the column is labeled "Audio Boost". However, the column is not displayed by default in the CONV and TGRP grids - you'll need to add it (right-click on the column header area). Or, you can use the "Audio Boost" checkbox next to the CONV and TGRP grids.

hockeydad

I got the file properly loaded and got the shortcut in place. I still am wondering that both the Win500 and the Butel software use Radio Reference for download, why I get the frequencies with the Win500 that I had trouble with the Butel. Is it the way the two encode it to load the scanners? Mine is the Grecom PSR 600.

sfd901

Win500 Error with Virtual Scanner Management

Running version Win .1.092 when I try to send P500 files to the Virtual scanner management folders I get an error 02 message. When I try to commit I get this error message and no matter how many times I retry I get the same message. Don can you help on this? To add to this it will sometimes say ERROR Received (Expected ACK) -folder-1...IT says retrying operation maybe successful. After 20 times I figured it will not work. Does anyone have any info on this. I travel and V FOlders would be a big help

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

Running version Win .1.092 when I try to send P500 files to the Virtual scanner management folders I get an error 02 message. When I try to commit I get this error message and no matter how many times I retry I get the same message. Don can you help on this? To add to this it will sometimes say ERROR Received (Expected ACK) -folder-1...IT says retrying operation maybe successful. After 20 times I figured it will not work. Does anyone have any info on this. I travel and V FOlders would be a big help

I don't think what you are attempting is possible with the software.

To create V-Folders on your computer, you may make as many different frequency files as you wish and save them under different names.

To add V-Folders to the scanner's memory, you must upload them one at a time and store them into the scanner's virtual storage from the scanner's menu. The software only uploads to the scanner's active memory, not to its storage area.

sfd901

WIN500 problems

Let me try this again. I have triede to store the files to the scanner from the software. That's when I get the error. It won't allow me to use the Virtual Scanner Management in WIN500. Apparently there is a problem. Now how do I correct it or is there an inherent problem in the software?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Using V-Scanner

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.