Butel Customer Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I have been trying to get in touch with Gommert at Butel. I sent an e-mail a few days ago, but I have not received a reply yet. I thought I read something on his web page about him being on vacation, but I can't seem to find that right now to determine if he is back from vacation. Does anybody here happen to know?

JoeyC

He's always on holiday. Might be better to state your problems/questions in the forum and maybe one or more of the many members can help!

JASII

Memory Capacity
Thank you for the reply. I have been a long time Butel customer and have been using ARC-XT Pro since I got my BCD396XT & BCD996XT. I recently replaced a hard drive on my computer and went from Windows XP to Windows 7 operating system. I downloaded ARC-XT PRO, but when I try to log in I still get the message:

"Time restricted demo version"

I have checked, and double checked, both Key 1 and Key 2 passwords, but when I enter them it doesn't seem to register me. Do I have to do something to "un-register" my old hard drive?

Dewey

Thank you for the reply. I have been a long time Butel customer and have been using ARC-XT Pro since I got my BCD396XT & BCD996XT. I recently replaced a hard drive on my computer and went from Windows XP to Windows 7 operating system. I downloaded ARC-XT PRO, but when I try to log in I still get the message:

"Time restricted demo version"

I have checked, and double checked, both Key 1 and Key 2 passwords, but when I enter them it doesn't seem to register me. Do I have to do something to "un-register" my old hard drive?

This is just a shot in the dark... are you running as administrator. If not, try running as administrator before entering the registration codes.

Dewey

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Not really going to help you, but I used to use Acrxx for my 996T and 396T. They worked but after dealing with them crashing time after time and getting to real help, I went to FreeScan and ProScan.

mce911fr

I had the same problem with ARC500pro, I kept downloading from Butel. I found my problem was it was downloading ARC500 Basic, when I clicked on help and about, the version said it was basic even though it was to be pro. I then went in and manually downloaded ARC500pro and tried the keys again and it worked. Another shot in the dark

Eugene

To JASII.....I have had the same problem. I am running Windows 7 as well. I downloaded ARC 396 and have not been able to register it. I get the exact same thing as you do. This is a new program not on any other computer/drive I own. I too have sent them 2 e-mails and have even had Scanner Master send one as well (as they are the ones who answer the 1-800-scanner number). I have yet to receive an answer back. They were supposedly on vacation until the 4th and it is now the 10th. I hope you have better luck than I'm having. The keys do not work with either version. As of this moment I have a useless program that I paid good money for. If you get a reply or fix please let me know. I hate the thought of being burned.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
I have been trying to get in touch with Gommert at Butel. I sent an e-mail a few days ago, but I have not received a reply yet. I thought I read something on his web page about him being on vacation, but I can't seem to find that right now to determine if he is back from vacation. Does anybody here happen to know?

We're not on vacation, I have no pending emails to answer. How did you try to contact us?

Gommert
Butel Software

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
To JASII.....I have had the same problem. I am running Windows 7 as well. I downloaded ARC 396 and have not been able to register it. I get the exact same thing as you do. This is a new program not on any other computer/drive I own. I too have sent them 2 e-mails and have even had Scanner Master send one as well (as they are the ones who answer the 1-800-scanner number). I have yet to receive an answer back. They were supposedly on vacation until the 4th and it is now the 10th. I hope you have better luck than I'm having. The keys do not work with either version. As of this moment I have a useless program that I paid good money for. If you get a reply or fix please let me know. I hate the thought of being burned.

We emailed you on September 8th for the 2nd time. ARC396 will not accept a ARC-XT license. Since you own the 396XT (per your email) you need to install ARC-XT and not ARC396.

Gommert
Butel Software

JASII

Memory Capacity
Arc xt pro

We're not on vacation, I have no pending emails to answer. How did you try to contact us?

I just sent another e-mail to you. I tried twice more and it still displays DEMO VERSION. In fact on Key 2, I tried it both with and without the dashes between the digits.

Gommert
Butel Software

I will add some text here because I am getting the message that this is too short.)

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Save yourself some aggravation and just install FreeScan. You've got nothing to lose, it's 100% free as the name implies.
Hmm, and feel guilty if you don't donate at least 20 bucks.:roll:
Butel is excellent software and OP paid for a licence.

Eugene

To Butel.....I never got an e-mail. Sometimes my spam filter foes too good a job.....sorry. I have used your programs in the past and loved them which is why I went with them again. I have installed XT and registered it w/o problem........Thank you and sorry about the foul-up with the e-mails. Thanks to all who have replied.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Well Gommert helped solve my problem. I kept trying to enter the ARC996 PRO keys in the ARC-XT PRO software. Boy, talk about a case of me not being able to "see the forest for the trees. Anyway, I have ARC-XT PRO running with my Uniden Bearcat 996XT again. I love having the History Log!

Status
Not open for further replies.