ARC500 Virtual Control Display On PC NOT WORKING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake68111

Hello there!

I've had this software since I have had my scanner(Pro-106). The software is great and at one time worked flawlessly.

However, today I hooked everything up to my PC and and everything works EXCEPT the display on my computer for Virtual Control. Normally it would mimic the display on my scanner. Now it is black and doesn't diplay anything. The light bar flashes, the log shows that the communication between the scanner and the pc is good however I want the display to show what my scanner is showing.

What has happened or what am I doing wrong? Its probably something small and stupid that I have over looked. Any help would be appreciated!

Also, I've noticed that when I try to use the record feature, the software locks up and nothing gets recorded. Then software then shows that it is not responding and the only option I am left with is to close ARC500 and restart it.

And yes, I have the PRO version of the software.

Thanks,
Jake

Last edited:

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
I use them all PSRedit, Win500 and ARC500pro, for different options.

I think the 1st thing I would do is reinstall ARC500pro, just in case a file got corrupted or something.

Out of the 3 programs I use PSRedit the most because, on my system, it is the most stable.
I mostly use PSRedit for autostore reasons and ID TrackerIII for recording etc.
I run a lot of programs, at the same time, which causes the 2 others to crash about 1 out of 10 times.

ARC500pro has a lot of useful stuff, but I can use it only with minimal programs running and the same with Win500. When I run less programs, the other 2 rarely crash.

One thing I always do before I close any of those 3, is hit MAN then PRG before closing out the virtual display.

Sorry if this didn't help any, because I never had the same exact situation happen to me.

Jake68111

Ha! That was the issue. The background was in fact set to black. Not sure when I messed with that setting but it doesn't matter now. THANK YOU!

Any ideas on what might be causing ARC500 to stop responding when trying to initiate the record function?

Once I start recording, it appears that it is recording, but once I click on ANYTHING inside the program, the window dulls and says that it is not responding, causing me to "force close" the program. When I go to where I save my audio, a file is there, however there is no recording.

Would a re-install help this? What could I have done that would cause this to happen, just in a effort to not let it happen again?

Status
Not open for further replies.