Rebanded cd996t

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanman312

Premium Subscriber
Ok I need some help here
I recently re banded my cd996t scanner I live in Indiana and they use Hoosier project safe t here. I use arc996t software. Every time I down load my frequencies and load them into my scanner the analog freqs work fine The digital freqs load but I dont hear a thing and my scanner doesnt stop I have reset my scanner I have deleted my software and reloaded it. I am lost as what to do Can someone please help

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I know many SAFE-T sites have rebanded, but as I understand it, some haven't as yet. I would be paying attention in the Indiana forum where this is being tracked.

The other thing to keep in mind is that no matter what software you use, you are responsible for setting up the quick keys. Quick keys are the way DMA scanners determine what to scan or not.

I would start by reading up on the Easier to Read manual first...

Easier to Read BCD996T/UBCD996T Digital Scanner Manual

The other obvious candidates are how strong you're receiving the control channel and whether you're getting nailed by hearing more than one site at a time. Consumer grade scanners don't deal well with multipath issues - there are some tricks you can use to focus your attention on one site (using a yagi to point to a particular site and attenuate others, for example) but it is a particular issue that's difficult to solve. Someone in the Indiana forum might have better advice on that score, if that turns out to be an issue for you.

HTH...Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.