Problem with radio reference & arc96

Status
Not open for further replies.

starman1

I own a Pro-96 Digital Trunking Scanner. I have used software such as win96 & Scancat in the past years
Now that Harford County, MD & many others are changing their frequencies I must update my scanner
I spoke to Scanner Master "Support" & they told me they reband & program the Pro-96 using ARC96. I now own ARC96 plus have a premium subscription with Radio Reference to import frequencies into ARC96
Problem is that I have a list of the new frequencies for my area & the Radio Reference import does not include all of them. Harford County, MD Motorola Trunk System now starts at 851.2500 & ends at 853.8125. When I import the frequency list it shows the 851 freqs but it fails to bring the 851 freqs into Bank 0 as I asked it to. It lists other freqs that are correct but not the 851 freqs. When I use the scanner it goes to channel 007 & I get EMS, Police, Dispatch etc.. but only on channel 7. If I manually go to...say channel 4 the scanner works but on scan only channel 7 does it stop on. Priority is off. Nothing is locked out. Tables updated by ARC96. I manually typed in the 851 freqs along with the others & rcvd them in the scanner. Still only channel 7 works on scan mode. Another problem I am having is trying to get Baltimore County Trunked Freqs & Talk Groups to transfer over to the bank list. When I choose "Baltimore", then "Baltimore County Public Safety/Motorola & then click import I get this error..."TG limit reached" . When I look at my Bank list it puts maybe 5 or 6 frequencies in but it puts them on channel 204-211 but I set it to go to start at channel 200??? I do not get it. If anyone out there can help I would really be grateful. One more thing. Sorry. When I select "Settings" under the menu on left for Bank 2 for Baltimore & I attempt to edit the "Multitables" when I press "Load Reband Tables" It uses the ones for Harford County which I do not think will work. Anybody in my area maybe that has all the right data that I could set this up right. I was under the impression that the Radio Reference Import would make all the corrections. That’s why I purchased it but I am having to enter things manually & still having problems. ARC96 is supposed to do the rebanding too but it only seems to do that on the Hard Co Bank. Help please.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That's just plain screwy. You only need the rebanding tables for Harford county - not for Baltimore county. And why it's not installing all the freqs for the Harford system is beyond me...I'm asking this to be moved to our software forum where other ARC96 users, and hopefully Gommert, will see it

By the way we have dedicated threads for the new Baltimore county and Harford systems in the Maryland forum here...

http://forums.radioreference.com/ma.../236945-baltimore-county-p25-fresh-start.html

http://forums.radioreference.com/ma...on-forum/239925-harford-county-rebanding.html

Mike

starman1

Re Radio Reference, ARC96, & My Pro-96

Thx for the reply. Not sure why this is happening. Get this...here's a new issue; Now my "Pro-96" boots up as "WELCOME TO DIGITAL TRUNKING PRO-66". What the heck??? Pro-66. How in the world can that be.
It's a Pro-96. Used to say Pro-96 but after re-programming using ARC96 & Radio Reference my Pro-96 has changed??? Can it be reset?

starman1

Re-re problem arc96 & radio reference

Took your advice. Tried win96 & it was much better. Radio reference worked right with it too
Thats Harford Co. Now I will try Baltimore & so on
Thx ka3jjz. Unbeleivable. I had tried win96 the other day but I could not get the com ports to work. Had to find the right one was all. Gotta ask this...Does this new system only transmit calls on one channel? It is on Bank 0 & always on what now displays as S007. Multiple frequescies are displaying on S007 At least 4 frequencies all on one channel. Is this the way it works cause I could of sworn that b4 the change my scanner would lock onto a different channel like say EMS was S002 & Police Dispatch was S005 etc... Now everything comes through on S007 channel. Win96 did load all the frequencies though starting at 851.2500 through 853,81250.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Re your Harford question - I'd ask in the Maryland forum - I'm too far away from Harford (I live in PG county) to monitor it from here

Glad to hear you got it working, at least somewhat...Mike

starman1

Hey ka3jjz,
I finally got my Pro-96 to work with WIN96 & ARC96
The problem was simple. The version I downloaded was an older one
You need Version 1.24 Build 001
Once I did that I programmed the scanner with ARC96 & it worked perfectly
From using both programs I believe they work well with my Pro-96
Thx for your help too in this issue

Status
Not open for further replies.