NC VIPER Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbarrington

If anyone is familiar with the rebanding in North Carolina, I have reprogrammed my Uniden 396XT with the new frequencies for the control channel only, as I had before the rebanding. I can't get one of them to work. The "Biscoe" tower in Montgomery County shows a frequency of 853.7250, but when the scanner is scanning it is showing 853.7375 and will not receive anything on that tower. I have updated the firmware and still nothing. Does anyone have any idea's?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If anyone is familiar with the rebanding in North Carolina, I have reprogrammed my Uniden 396XT with the new frequencies for the control channel only, as I had before the rebanding. I can't get one of them to work. The "Biscoe" tower in Montgomery County shows a frequency of 853.7250, but when the scanner is scanning it is showing 853.7375 and will not receive anything on that tower. I have updated the firmware and still nothing. Does anyone have any idea's?
Be sure & read through this thread in the North Carolina forum.

Looking at Viper in the database, the Biscoe site has rebanded, which you knew. However, besides changing the control channel frequencies to the new values, you also need to enter a custom band plan for that site. That will be the case for any site with frequencies in the 851.00000 to <854.00000 where one or more of the frequencies, either control channel or voice, has a 0 (zero) in the fourth decimal position. If all of the frequencies had a 5 (five) in that fourth slot, no custom plan is needed.

For Biscoe, 4 of the six listed frequencies have a zero, so the band plan is required. See this Wiki page for more information on entering the band plan via software. To edit manually through the keyboard, not using software, follow the steps, for each site requiring the custom band plan, as described on the 'Easier to Read Manual'. You would need to enter the band plan for each site that requires it, not only one site (if you have more than one Viper site programmed).

Status
Not open for further replies.