Freescan & AM freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC_Scan

I am a long time user of software Butel, starting with 780xlt
but with my 996XT & Freescan , when I program AM , 121.5, 243.0 118.7 etc , the radio will not scan what I have programmed, I have erased everything started over ? looked over my list of channels ensure correct mode ie am, not fm verified freq, settings etc, kinda weird, not sure what I am doing wrong, radio works fine on all trunking and conventional systems, P25 , edacs etc, ltr, anyone else with similar issue, or any suggestions?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Did you set up a system and group for the conventional stuff? Did you set up quick keys? That's where a lot of folks get all messed up.

You need at least one system quick key, then set up one group quick key for each group of freqs

This is all well defined in the Easier to Read guides, and our DMA FAQ...both are linked here

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

teufler

Works fine here, stl lambert, put in 19 freqs, all am, scanning correct. Using freescan, created a system, then a convertional group, on the 396xt, try try again and again. Been at this for three weeks and its all starting to gel in the gray matter.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Take your .996 file, zip it up and send it to me at ka3jjz (at) comcast (dot) net and let's see what is going on. Beyond that, we're shooting in the dark here. Be sure to indicate which system(s) are giving you trouble.

There are many utilities (even free ones) for compressing (zip) files, such as the popular 7-Zip freeware...don't EVER use Windows Explorer for zipping/unzipping files - it's famous for corrupting data.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.