Prolific Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
I am needing some assistance with the Prolific Drivers and windows 8. I have tried all day, each version of the PL2303 firmware to no avail. Gives me a Code 10 error. Its probably something very simple. I had it earlier in the year until my hard drive crashed a few days ago. Any help is appreciated in getting this thing going again. I am using the Butel programming software for my 996xt, cable is from Scannermaster.

Thanks
David

RonnieUSA

I am needing some assistance with the Prolific Drivers and windows 8. I have tried all day, each version of the PL2303 firmware to no avail. Gives me a Code 10 error. Its probably something very simple. I had it earlier in the year until my hard drive crashed a few days ago. Any help is appreciated in getting this thing going again. I am using the Butel programming software for my 996xt, cable is from Scannermaster.

Thanks
David

Hope this helps, I will also upload the tool to check what chipset it is using..

- Windows 8 is NOT supported in HXA/XA chip versions (will show yellow mark Error Code 10).
- Windows 8 is supported only in following chip versions:
- PL2303HXD (HX Rev D)
- PL2303EA (ESD protection)
- PL2303RA (Built-in transceiver)
- PL2303SA (SOP8 package)
- PL2303TA (PL2303HXA/XA replacement)
- PL2303TB (12 GPIO)

Last edited:

Helitac

Premium Subscriber
I am running the same configuration you are (Windows 8.1, ARC-XT Pro, and BCD996XT) and had the same problem. Prior to the Windows 8 upgrade I was able to use a work around due to the old chipset. I have since had to spring for the Uniden USB Cable 1. We haven't had a problem since and it also seems to be a little quicker.

n5ims

You may want to check this page (Products) about error code 10 using the Prolific PL-2303HX (Chip Rev A) USB to Serial Controller ICs.

NOTE:

• Windows 8/8.1 are NOT supported in PL-2303HXA and PL-2303X EOL chip versions.
• Run PL2303 CheckChipVersion tool program in Windows XP/Vista/7 to check chip version.
• Windows 98 and Windows ME driver support is discontinued and is no longer provided.
• Prolific recommends to use PL-2303HXD (HX Rev D) or PL2303TA chip.

Warning Notice:

Please be warned that counterfeit (fake) PL-2303HX (Chip Rev A) USB to Serial Controller ICs using Prolific's trademark logo, brandname, and device drivers, were being sold in the China market. Counterfeit IC products show exactly the same outside chip markings but generally are of poor quality and causes Windows driver compatibility issues (Yellow Mark Error Code 10 in Device Manager). We issue this warning to all our customers and consumers to avoid confusion and false purchase.

I also found at this link (windows 8 does not support Prolific usb to serial driver - Microsoft Community) something that may be helpful though. (Note, use this solution at your own risk as I have not verified that it works nor that it is free of any malware).

As strange as it may look, you need an outdated driver to make it work. The only working version i've found is 3.3.2.102, which you can find on the links bellow:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7FildjsrNkILWhYVHYwanJLS3c/edit?usp=sharing

http://mir.cr/1R5ACC0L

You need to force this driver version by going to device manager, choose update driver from right click into prolific adapter, the choose "browse my computer for driver software", then "let me pick...". On the next window, it should show you different versions of the driver, and you need to choose ver 3.3.2.102 ok?

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Just wanted to say that the old Vista Prolific driver referenced above (in the bottom quote) .. works fine for Windows 10 64 bit.

It saved me from buying a new programming cable. :wink::wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.