RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Scanner Programming Software


Scanner Programming Software - This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 8:56 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Price, Utah
Posts: 1,024
Default

I imported my info from the arc-xt software to the arc 536 and sent it to the scanner. It's all there not avoided. But it won't scan it, it's on my favorites list but I can get to the channels manually. But it won't scan them. The quick keys are on the system favorites is on and nothing is avoided.. any ideas on how to get it to scan? Any of the imported stuff including from home patrol 1 isn't scanning, is there something extra being added the scanner sees preventing it from scanning?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 8:58 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshermanmd View Post
Just installed ver .80. Seems to be working OK. However, I think there may be problem with 536HP. When I run the serial port for virtual control, the speaker output decreases about 50 to 70% and becomes very muffled. Anyone else running serial port with Butel or other software notice this.

Steve AA6IO

Many, many posts about this:

http://forums.radioreference.com/uni...rial-mode.html

.
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Butelsoftware's Avatar
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dayton Hamvention 2017
Posts: 2,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enosjones View Post
I imported my info from the arc-xt software to the arc 536 and sent it to the scanner. It's all there not avoided. But it won't scan it, it's on my favorites list but I can get to the channels manually. But it won't scan them. The quick keys are on the system favorites is on and nothing is avoided.. any ideas on how to get it to scan? Any of the imported stuff including from home patrol 1 isn't scanning, is there something extra being added the scanner sees preventing it from scanning?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Check the service types and make sure they are enabled.


Gommert
Butel Software
__________________
>>> Visit us at the 2018 Hamvention ! <<<
http://www.butelsoftware.com
US Sales: 1-800-SCANNER http://www.scannermaster.com/?Click=41054
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 10:22 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,835
Default

What happens if the Service Type field is left blank? Do you have to assign a service type?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelsoftware View Post
Check the service types and make sure they are enabled.


Gommert
Butel Software
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 10:37 AM
davenlr's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Little Rock, Ar
Posts: 637
Default

Since Ive never used an external program with a scanner...can someone advise me what the requirements are to run this software? My Win 8.1 PC does not have a serial port, only USB ports. I have a 536HP. Would I use the same cable that came with the scanner, or do I need to use an RS232 serial to ?? cable? Do I need to add a serial port card to the computer?
__________________
Scanners: BCD536HP BCD436HP BCT15
Ham: HTX-212 Yaesu 757 Kenwood B2000
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 10:40 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 175
Default Re: ARC 536/436 Beta

It uses a virtual serial port through the usb. You have everything you need. Install the uniden serial driver, several post already on where to find.
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 11:21 AM
davenlr's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Little Rock, Ar
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_Factor View Post
It uses a virtual serial port through the usb. You have everything you need. Install the uniden serial driver, several post already on where to find.
Thanks. Just ordered. Will give it a whirl. Just waiting on the beta email to get started
__________________
Scanners: BCD536HP BCD436HP BCT15
Ham: HTX-212 Yaesu 757 Kenwood B2000

Last edited by davenlr; 02-16-2014 at 11:35 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Butelsoftware's Avatar
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dayton Hamvention 2017
Posts: 2,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garys View Post
What happens if the Service Type field is left blank? Do you have to assign a service type?
The software will then use the default service type that is set in the software setup section.

Gommert
Butel Software
__________________
>>> Visit us at the 2018 Hamvention ! <<<
http://www.butelsoftware.com
US Sales: 1-800-SCANNER http://www.scannermaster.com/?Click=41054
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 2:27 PM
randybcd396t's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 187
Default

I preordered the PRO version.

Where do you get the beta download?

I got a confirming email on Friday morning but no download link was included. I sent a email reply and PM with no response yet. I was hoping to have the link so I could start using it on the weekend.

EDIT: The link came yesterday morning - Spam Filters blocked it and it did not even show as junk in my email client. I found it using the web version of my email.

Last edited by randybcd396t; 02-16-2014 at 3:12 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 2:41 PM
chuck_e7's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stone Mountain, GA.
Posts: 143
Default serial port scanner to PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveIN View Post
You also have to select the port from the unlabeled pull down that you use (com port in device manager) from the ARC virtual scanner and then select start.
Is this for the Beta software only? I see the scanner in other devices, but don't have the drivers. Am I getting ahead of myself?
__________________
Unka Chucky
Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 2:59 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 175
Default Re: ARC 536/436 Beta

If you see the scanner with a com port and number you have everything you need. The drivers were released a week ago or so. They might come with the beta, because each time I update the beta a copy of the drivers are put on the desktop.

If you want the drivers first search for the UPman post
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 3:34 PM
davenlr's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Little Rock, Ar
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybcd396t View Post
EDIT: The link came yesterday morning - Spam Filters blocked it and it did not even show as junk in my email client. I found it using the web version of my email.
What was the address the email was mailed from, so I can add it to my contacts list and avoid all this?
__________________
Scanners: BCD536HP BCD436HP BCT15
Ham: HTX-212 Yaesu 757 Kenwood B2000
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 5:10 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Price, Utah
Posts: 1,024
Default

All the service types are enabled

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 5:11 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Price, Utah
Posts: 1,024
Default

But I do have quite a bit of info but I separated it the best I could. The banks are on. But it's not scanning them

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 5:14 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 175
Default Re: ARC 536/436 Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by enosjones View Post
But I do have quite a bit of info but I separated it the best I could. The banks are on. But it's not scanning them

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Read it into Sentinel and check to make sure monitor is on and location info is correct.
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 5:18 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Price, Utah
Posts: 1,024
Default

Its in there just a lot of info I can access it on the scanner manually but not while scanning

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 5:34 PM
chuck_e7's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stone Mountain, GA.
Posts: 143
Default Serial Drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_Factor View Post
If you see the scanner with a com port and number you have everything you need. The drivers were released a week ago or so. They might come with the beta, because each time I update the beta a copy of the drivers are put on the desktop.

If you want the drivers first search for the UPman post
The only drivers I came up with were the HP=1 drivers. I'll wait for the software, I'm sure the drivers will be with it. (?)
__________________
Unka Chucky
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 5:36 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 175
Default Re: ARC 536/436 Beta

X36hp wiki page has what you need.

Last edited by Hit_Factor; 02-16-2014 at 6:09 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 6:08 PM
chuck_e7's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stone Mountain, GA.
Posts: 143
Default

Thanks Hit_Factor
__________________
Unka Chucky
Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2014, 6:16 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Price, Utah
Posts: 1,024
Default

It was the location control it was on. If u turn it off it scans stuff..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions