LOCKOUT AND DELAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have the Butel ARC XT basic software for the BC 396 XT---2 issues looking for help.I am using the scanner on convential systems only. Sometimes a channel gets noisey and I press lockout---temporary lockout appears in the screen---after a few scans the channel is no longer locked out. How can I make the lockout stay until I am ready to unlock it?

Also there are some channels that don't need delays---Is there a setting some where in the software or on the scanner front where I can disable the delay on particular channels?

captclint

Mentor
I have the Butel ARC XT basic software for the BC 396 XT---2 issues looking for help.I am using the scanner on convential systems only. Sometimes a channel gets noisey and I press lockout---temporary lockout appears in the screen---after a few scans the channel is no longer locked out. How can I make the lockout stay until I am ready to unlock it?

Also there are some channels that don't need delays---Is there a setting some where in the software or on the scanner front where I can disable the delay on particular channels?
Never had the temp lock "come back". If you sure of this phenomenon, then you may have a defective scanner. There is not an ARCXT solution.Just to be sure, you should review the locked out channels right after you temp lock out. review lockouts

For reasons which are probably clear to Uniden, channel delay on DMA scanners is controlled at the system level. When the SP were on VHF, I had to have a system for the Duplex freq's with NO delay, and a system with all the mobile tac channels with 2 seconds. Just look at the system screen, and you will see the delay settings. This is mildly annoying.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
On the XT scanners (doing this manually), you need to hit FUNC+L/O,L/O (yes twice) to permanently lock something out. Doing it only once is supposed to lock something out until the next power cycle, at which time it will come back.

Perhaps it's an ARC-XT bug, but there's the manual process for doing it...Mike

captclint

Mentor
On the XT scanners (doing this manually), you need to hit FUNC+L/O,L/O (yes twice) to permanently lock something out. Doing it only once is supposed to lock something out until the next power cycle, at which time it will come back.
OP stated the problem was with Temp Lockout. Doing it once did NOT keep it locked out until next power cycle. ARCXT was not used tor this temp lockout.

Status
Not open for further replies.