Win 10 & ARC Homepatrol VC driver ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHIOSCAN

I have read multiple threads regarding Virtual Control issues with Butel & Win 10 serial drivers and still
no luck with the HP-2. My 436\536 are running VC but HP-2 refuses to connect. I am using the drivers
from the HP site (HomePatrol1-WinVista7com) also tried (uniden_usbser) 8.x version.

Put drivers into .INF folder, also turned Driver Verification in Win 10 off. Just for "Fun" I reformatted and loaded a fresh Win 10 build with no other programs loaded. The USB port does shows up in the Device Manager.

Has anyone found other tweaks, there has got to be a simpler way to run a VC program.

Thanks

OHIOSCAN

Might have solved the VC issue by switching from USB hub and instead going directly to back of PC usb ports. Must of not been getting enough juice to the USB on the HP.

omlbed

Premium Subscriber
The workaround that I have found for ARC Patrol issues with serial mode on the Home Patrol 1 is to do this:
1. Connect the USB cable and select Serial Mode
2. Start ARC Patrol
3. Start Virtual Control mode
4. when it starts stalls (spins), unplug the cable from the Home Patrol
5. The VC screen comes up and you can move the dropdown list to the USB port that it found.
6. reconnect the USB cable and select Serial Mode
7. click the Start button to the right of the USB port on the VC screen.
So far that has worked every time on two different computers.

Good Luck!

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
HP-2 USB Serial Win 10

My HomePatrol-2 displays only these choices when the USB cable is connected to my Windows 10 machine:

"MASS STORGAE" or "DC SUPPLY"

When one says choose SERIAL PORT should it be displaying that per se or do you just mean "DC SUPPLY"

Either way I can't get VC in ARCPATROL 3.2 Build 1 Full Version to see my HP-2 even though it shows COM1 and COM3 USB choices. Any suggestions??

Last edited:

k5dxm

HomePatrol2

Has anyone figured out how to fake out the usb connection on HomePatrol2 to com so metadata can be provided in a feed? I'm using RadioFeed on Windows 10.

Thanks in advance.

My HomePatrol-2 displays only these choices when the USB cable is connected to my Windows 10 machine:

"MASS STORGAE" or "DC SUPPLY"

When one says choose SERIAL PORT should it be displaying that per se or do you just mean "DC SUPPLY"

Either way I can't get VC in ARCPATROL 3.2 Build 1 Full Version to see my HP-2 even though it shows COM1 and COM3 USB choices. Any suggestions??

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone figured out how to fake out the usb connection on HomePatrol2 to com so metadata can be provided in a feed? I'm using RadioFeed on Windows 10.

Thanks in advance.

I think it's just inputting the Extreme Upgrade registration key.

Status
Not open for further replies.