RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Scanner Programming Software


Scanner Programming Software - This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2017, 6:08 PM
AZScanner's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very cold.
Posts: 3,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonScannerGuy View Post
Has the app been released? I'd love to control my 436 from my phone...
Hey all,

The app will finally go live this weekend. I apologize for all the delays but it was still far too unstable to release any sooner. Currently setting up a website and putting some user documentation together, then we will finally be ready to release the app as an open beta.

Stay tuned,
-AZ

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
__________________
Author of ActiveEMS - Phoenix Fire Now Free!
Coming soon: X36 Scanner Control App for Android
Like Police Chases?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2017, 6:25 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,810
Default

Will you also include some suggestions for building the cable? I know that will depend heavily on what type of device, but some ideas would be helpful.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZScanner View Post
Hey all,

The app will finally go live this weekend. I apologize for all the delays but it was still far too unstable to release any sooner. Currently setting up a website and putting some user documentation together, then we will finally be ready to release the app as an open beta.

Stay tuned,
-AZ

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2017, 11:07 AM
AZScanner's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very cold.
Posts: 3,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garys View Post
Will you also include some suggestions for building the cable? I know that will depend heavily on what type of device, but some ideas would be helpful.

Thanks.
Hi garys,
No special cable required, it uses the same cable that came with your scanner. If your device supports OTG (on the go) it should have come with an adapter, but if not you can buy OTG cables very cheaply on Amazon. Be aware though that a crappy OTG cable will lock the phone up, requiring a "battery pull" to recover from. Learned that the hard way. If your device does NOT support OTG you will still be able to use the app to listen to your scanner over the internet, but not use the phone as a GPS... yet.

I also noticed recently that the same cable that fits my ancient BC250D fits the GPS port on my 436HP so a future release might use that cable for gps also (would solve the battery drain problem) but again, you will need an OTG capable device to send and receive data from the scanner for location based scanner.

OK more debugging to do if we want this app done this weekend... will post another update soon.

-AZ


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
__________________
Author of ActiveEMS - Phoenix Fire Now Free!
Coming soon: X36 Scanner Control App for Android
Like Police Chases?
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2017, 1:10 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,810
Default

I was hoping to use this with my Galaxy Note 5, so the regular USP cable won't work. Then there is, as you note, the charging problem. I think a custom cable is going to be needed.

I'm hopeful that someone will come up with one, since I expect that several people will want to use the Smart Phones with the app and their 436.

My interest in the app is for controlling the scanner ala Siren (only a bit better, I hope), I don't car too much about the GPS feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZScanner View Post
Hi garys,
No special cable required, it uses the same cable that came with your scanner. If your device supports OTG (on the go) it should have come with an adapter, but if not you can buy OTG cables very cheaply on Amazon. Be aware though that a crappy OTG cable will lock the phone up, requiring a "battery pull" to recover from. Learned that the hard way. If your device does NOT support OTG you will still be able to use the app to listen to your scanner over the internet, but not use the phone as a GPS... yet.

I also noticed recently that the same cable that fits my ancient BC250D fits the GPS port on my 436HP so a future release might use that cable for gps also (would solve the battery drain problem) but again, you will need an OTG capable device to send and receive data from the scanner for location based scanner.

OK more debugging to do if we want this app done this weekend... will post another update soon.

-AZ


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2017, 11:14 AM
AZScanner's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very cold.
Posts: 3,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garys View Post
I was hoping to use this with my Galaxy Note 5, so the regular USP cable won't work. Then there is, as you note, the charging problem. I think a custom cable is going to be needed.

I'm hopeful that someone will come up with one, since I expect that several people will want to use the Smart Phones with the app and their 436.

My interest in the app is for controlling the scanner ala Siren (only a bit better, I hope), I don't car too much about the GPS feature.
Hey all,
Just a quick note to let you know that beta versions of the app and server are up for early adopters to play with. Visit https://scandroid.000webhostapp.com for more info and links to download. I don't have the quick start guide up yet but it should be fairly self explanatory to set up. The server streams audio from the PC's mic port for now bit this will be selectable in the future. Have fun!

-AZ

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
__________________
Author of ActiveEMS - Phoenix Fire Now Free!
Coming soon: X36 Scanner Control App for Android
Like Police Chases?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2017, 1:28 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,810
Default

Never mind the first part, I read the information at the website. I'll try again with my newer phone.

When trying to set up the server and connect my 436HP, I get this error message

Quote:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
NAudio.MmException: BadDeviceId calling waveInOpen
at NAudio.Wave.WaveIn.OpenWaveInDevice()
at NAudio.Wave.WaveIn.StartRecording()
at Unidenx36Controller.frmMain.btnNext_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.2102.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Unidenx36Controller
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Gary/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/A70TWD43.1EA/P36VY7C2.D9Y/unid..tion_024b670d1f0b751c_0001.0000_755d8083173a 1dcc/Unidenx36Controller.exe
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.7.2053.0 built by: NET47REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
----------------------------------------
System
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.2102.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Core
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.2102.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.2102.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.2102.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Configuration
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.2053.0 built by: NET47REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.2102.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Runtime.Remoting
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.2053.0 built by: NET47REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
----------------------------------------
NAudio
Assembly Version: 1.8.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.8.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Gary/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/A70TWD43.1EA/P36VY7C2.D9Y/unid..tion_024b670d1f0b751c_0001.0000_755d8083173a 1dcc/NAudio.DLL
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Any idea what's going on?


I downloaded to my old Note3. App installed okay, but when i try to connect to my 536HP, the app crashed. I'm going to have to order an adapter in order to connect via cable to my 436HP, so it will be a few days before I can try that.

Last edited by garys; 08-07-2017 at 2:37 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions