ARC536: Version 2.0 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Hello,

Some issues I am having with the new version.

1. SQ Mode for DMR conventional still reads P25. If I switch it to DMR and save the file, shut down the program and restart, it's back to P25 again.

2. Unable to edit name of Favorite List, I see nothing in the manual, as a matter of fact the .pdf for the manual in the 2.0 download reflects only up to an earlier beta.

3. The favorites list tag does not translate from the scanner to the software apparently. It shows as the file name, not as how I labeled it initially.

4. Despite saving the file I'm editing I am continuously prompted with a warning box that indicates "Changes are not saved yet. If not saved, data is lost! Continue without saving?". Changes are saved but this pops up whether I've edited and saved, or done nothing at all.

Thanks,
Scott

Citywide74

Premium Subscriber
I'm having a MUCH bigger issue. When I upload into the scanner, it moves the decimal point on all the frequencies to after the first digit. 856.2125 becomes 8.562125, thus invalidating all of the frequencies. This happened on two separate computers.

KC1UA

Database Admin
Actually yes, the beta version of 2.0 did the same thing to me. I have not uploaded to the scanner yet with this version and I forgot to mention that issue as well.

That is a biggie! :D

Citywide74

Premium Subscriber
Since I closed and reopened the software this morning, It told me a new version was available, so I uploaded the new version, still same results

rwier

Hello, Some issues I am having with the new version. .................................................... 2. Unable to edit name of Favorite List, I see nothing in the manual ......................... Thanks, Scott

That's been a feature (as Microsoft would call it) of Sentinel back to the HP-1. My work-around:

1) Create new FL with good name.
2) In the bad name FL, "Append" all systems (?) to the new good name FL. You can't append the whole FL at once, but my most complex FL would only require 22 appends.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
1. SQ Mode for DMR conventional still reads P25. If I switch it to DMR and save the file, shut down the program and restart, it's back to P25 again.

This is normal, if SQ code is search then SQ mode is ignored and saved as P25.

2. Unable to edit name of Favorite List, I see nothing in the manual, as a matter of fact the .pdf for the manual in the 2.0 download reflects only up to an earlier beta.

To edit double click the fav.list in the upload or download window.

3. The favorites list tag does not translate from the scanner to the software apparently. It shows as the file name, not as how I labeled it initially.

It should copy both the name and file name. If name is empty the software uses filename and name.

4. Despite saving the file I'm editing I am continuously prompted with a warning box that indicates "Changes are not saved yet. If not saved, data is lost! Continue without saving?". Changes are saved but this pops up whether I've edited and saved, or done nothing at all.
I have to look into this, but normally this indicates something changed.

Gommert
Butel Software

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
i am having major issues trying to get this to work when uploading to the scanner, quick keys arent saved and the scanner doesn't stop on anything

attached the favorites list in the scanner as this is what was uploaded

edit it is definitely the frequency issue the others are having i uploaded to the radio with V2 then downloaded it into sentinel
the screenshot is the result

it looks to also not be saving Favorite list numbers, on the radio communication screen the ALL on and ALL off buttons appear to be backwards as well

Attachments

• favorites_lists.zip
    29 KB · Views: 23
  • 2017-02-12_16-18-21.jpg
    2017-02-12_16-18-21.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 699
Last edited:

Citywide74

Premium Subscriber

To edit double click the fav.list in the upload or download window.

It should copy both the name and file name. If name is empty the software uses filename and name.

I have to look into this, but normally this indicates something changed.

Gommert
Butel Software

What about the fact that when you write to scanner it moves the decimal points of the frequencies (trunking systems only) and invalidates the frequency.

KC1UA

Database Admin
Butel Software

In an earlier version of the software I'm pretty sure this was also sending the programming back to the scanner in P25 mode and not DMR. I have yet to test that with this version. Since that appeared to happen to me once I have always reset everything to DMR again prior to uploading.

Glad to see the decimal point issue was addressed; I too was a "victim". :D

racingfan360

Still seeing this issue with Build 7, irrespective of whether a change has or hasn't been made.

Also now seeing 1kb .hpi files being created every time a .hpd file is saved using this new v2 software: one for every .hpd file. Not seen that before.

As a marker for future releases, would it be possible to consider adding a feature to give you the ability to sort by Department name within a System? It would be super helpful for those outside the US who need to create lots of Systems from scratch, where they each contain many Departments.

Thanks !

garys

Premium Subscriber
When I started the Pro version there was no message about a new version being available, Nor did that show when I did a manual check. Maybe I lucked out in the regard, but I'm going to go ahead and download the new version anyway. I must be a glutton for punishment. ;)

Or not, since the download page doesn't seem to work for me right now.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
New Build installed just now - SUCCESS, its a little bit of a learning curve on uploading properly but we have success

one thing im seeing after an upload to the radio is the file path changes to the scanner path and causes an error when saving to the disk

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
Installed Build 8. Lots of improvements in the look, feel, and functionality of the program. Being able to set things like Start Up key, Tags, and upload multiple FLs are really nice. A couple of small hitches, but those could just be part of the learning curve.

Good work.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
That's been a feature (as Microsoft would call it) of Sentinel back to the HP-1. My work-around:

1) Create new FL with good name.
2) In the bad name FL, "Append" all systems (?) to the new good name FL. You can't append the whole FL at once, but my most complex FL would only require 22 appends.

Why not use the "Rename Favorites List" tool in the Sentinel menu bar?

KC1UA

Database Admin
Still prompts to exit without saving when nothing has been changed.

Can anyone else comment on the fact that with conventional DMR, SQ Mode of DMR is changed to P25 when SQ Code is set to search. I'm sure when I sent this data back to the scanner the first time it changed all of the conventional DMR programming to P25. Obviously I have not tested this since 2.0 has been released.

All of my other questions were answered. Thanks Gommert for continuing to provide quick updates.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Still prompts to exit without saving when nothing has been changed.

Can anyone else comment on the fact that with conventional DMR, SQ Mode of DMR is changed to P25 when SQ Code is set to search. I'm sure when I sent this data back to the scanner the first time it changed all of the conventional DMR programming to P25. Obviously I have not tested this since 2.0 has been released.

All of my other questions were answered. Thanks Gommert for continuing to provide quick updates.

actually if you are getting this after programming the radio look at your file paths, it does change to the radio path

Status
Not open for further replies.