RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software - This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2017, 10:19 AM

Default ScanControl Version 7.1

I'm thinking about buying ScanControl Version 7.1 at ScanControl Ver. 7.1

I see on the bottom of the page it says "Last modified: Tuesday November 27, 2012"

Has anyone bought this software in 2017?

Is it safe for people to still buy with the on-line store on the web page or can it be purchased somewhere else?

Is this software still supported "technical support" if I have any problems and will their be
any updates at a later date?

Last, it says it works with Vista & Windows 7 but does anyone know if it works with Windows 10?
Sponsored links
Old 03-17-2017, 3:49 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Did you use the links on the website for sales or support to ask them directly?
Old 03-17-2017, 3:55 PM
Wiki Admin Emeritus
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I think the Yahoo group for support is still up, but the developer has all but abandoned this software. What scanner(s) are you trying to use with software? In most cases, there's better options.

Mike
Old 03-17-2017, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka3jjz View Post
I think the Yahoo group for support is still up, but the developer has all but abandoned this software. What scanner(s) are you trying to use with software? In most cases, there's better options.

Mike
I'm looking for software for the Radio Shack PRO-2052. I did email the support link and to my surprise got a quick response saying yes, they still sell the software and still support it. Not may programs that I can find support this radio even though it's one of Radio Shack's base models that covers most bands from 29 MHz to 1.3 GHz and has full remote control of the radio and NOT just memory channels being uploaded/downloaded.

I have a loan of a friends 2052 and find it's a very good receiver and the remote control/logging software option is great if you can find software for this radio.

I heard Winscan RS, PRO2052 Remote scanner software, and RadioCommander 2052 For Windows 9X work on this radio. I can't find Winscan RS or PRO2052 Remote scanner software and the RadioCommander 2052 is 2001(c). The PRO-2052 has 2 models, one made before 2003 and one made after. The one made after has more features and I think need slightly different programming codes. RadioCommander 2052 is 2001(c) so I don't think it will completely work on the later model, it was made for the original model. ScanControl covers both models as they say on their website.

Thanks.
Old 03-17-2017, 4:58 PM
Wiki Admin Emeritus
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I'm surprised that he even responded. Good for you. Yes, that's probably the only other software package for the 2052. Be aware, though, that the copy/paste utility for copying data from RR is likely not to work anymore, because the layouts have changed considerably in the intervening years. (I wrote the portion of the user guide for this function)

MIke
Sponsored links
Old 03-17-2017, 5:16 PM
Wiki Admin Emeritus
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Not to bump this OT, but the first version of IDTracker supports the 2052, though with some limitations. If all you're doing is recording and logging, it's a great low-impact tool.

https://www.ovscan.com/idtmirror/IDTracker.htm

Be sure to get the FIRST version at the bottom of the page - the 2 newer versions won't have it

Mike
Old 03-20-2017, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka3jjz View Post
Not to bump this OT, but the first version of IDTracker supports the 2052, though with some limitations. If all you're doing is recording and logging, it's a great low-impact tool.

https://www.ovscan.com/idtmirror/IDTracker.htm

Be sure to get the FIRST version at the bottom of the page - the 2 newer versions won't have it

Mike
Thanks, I'll try that one a little later but I bought the ScanControl Version 7.1 and I'm very pleased with it. It's a very powerful program and if you own a Radio Shack PRO-2052, it's a must have. It works like a charm and has many features that didn't come with the PRO-2052. I do believe the company should update their website. I almost never bought it because I thought the website wasn't touched since 2012 and that it was just an old link. I'm glad I emailed support and that I got a quick reply. I also received the download link for the software within 15 minutes of paying for it.

Also it's the only program I know of that works with this radio in Windows 10.

Last edited by compuscan; 03-20-2017 at 5:40 PM..