BCD436HP wont connect in serial port mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

I am using ProScan with various scanners for programming and control and for recording new talkgroups, etc. It works well with all the scanners except my 436 and 536. When I connect the programming cable to the scanner and press the decimal/no button for serial connect mode the computer gives me a "baw baw bomp" denial tone. I am running windows 7 on a laptop. I went to windows device manager and it says all usb ports are working properly an that the drivers are up to date. I have usb to serial drivers installed for other older scanners and they work fine with the same laptop. Any ideas of what I can try?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am using ProScan with various scanners for programming and control and for recording new talkgroups, etc. It works well with all the scanners except my 436 and 536. When I connect the programming cable to the scanner and press the decimal/no button for serial connect mode the computer gives me a "baw baw bomp" denial tone. I am running windows 7 on a laptop. I went to windows device manager and it says all usb ports are working properly an that the drivers are up to date. I have usb to serial drivers installed for other older scanners and they work fine with the same laptop. Any ideas of what I can try?

First check that you have the correct driver. Here is the page that has the link to the driver.
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD436HP

Next click the Auto Detect button located in the Comm. Port settings of the menu and see what happens. Alternatively, go to the Windows Device Manager and note the comm. port number and set the ProScan comm. port number the same.

Tim-B

Dude you rock, thank you, that did it. Now instead of "baw baw bomp" I now get "ba BOMP" and the scanner is working fine with proscan.

WD6ABC

Premium Subscriber
Selection on startup via Serial port

It sure would be nice to be able to select remotely the serial or USB Mass storage choice. Then the radio could be programmed remotely.
Anyone know of a way to do that??
Using ver 1.18.0

WD6ABC
John B

WD6ABC

Premium Subscriber
Remote Commands-UpMan

UpMan, is there a newer command listing available??
I only found the one on the Uniden WiKi site. MSM not listed there.

Thanks !
John Bush
WD6ABC

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
MSM was just added a week or two ago. I don't have a revised reference.

WD6ABC

Premium Subscriber
New Remote Commands

Appreciate any other new commands.
Writing software for remoting the x36HP scanner & hopefully the SDS100.

Thanks again
John Bush
Rem Scan Products

Status
Not open for further replies.