BCD536HP & ARC536PRO Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings...

I am trying to program the above radio with the ARCx36Pro and I am having problems right off the bat. I can't get the program to recognize the scanner at all. I am using the front port connected to the CPU via USB. I am told to select 'MASS STORAGE DEVICE' on the radio and then press yellow detect button. which I did and nothing happens. I tried downloading a new serial driver via device manager and I could not locate any sort of device on the update manager. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

I have the XT series radios and ARC so I know how to use it, but this one seems to be a bit different.

Tim

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Connect the radio to USB then hit the E key , mass storage mode is not serial port driven it's is reading and writing to the ad card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

N9JIG

Sheriff
For Virtual Control you need to be in Serial Mode (press the "." button).

For database and Favorites List Management you need to be in "Mass Storage" mode (press the "E" button)

Tim

Feed Provider
So I am just trying to use the ARC to program the radio at this point for a family member. I have the radio in the USB Mass Storage mode no problem, but I can't get the ARC to detect the radio at all.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I take it that you are not seeing that yellow button disappear after a few moments and the BCD status button turn green?

Are you able to connect to the scanner using Sentinel? (If so, this would rule out issues with the cable or other bad connection issues).

Try connecting your scanner to your computer in Mass Storage Mode and going to your Windows Explorer. Do you see the scanner show up as a removable drive? (Another way of testing the scanner/computer connection).

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Mass storage does not require any drivers. Is the scanners SD card visible in Windows File Explorer?
Can you post the file drivetest.txt stored under My Documents\My Scanner Data Files\ARC536PRO

Gommert
Butel Software

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Greetings...

I am trying to program the above radio with the ARCx36Pro and I am having problems right off the bat. I can't get the program to recognize the scanner at all. I am using the front port connected to the CPU via USB. I am told to select 'MASS STORAGE DEVICE' on the radio and then press yellow detect button. which I did and nothing happens. I tried downloading a new serial driver via device manager and I could not locate any sort of device on the update manager. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

I have the XT series radios and ARC so I know how to use it, but this one seems to be a bit different.

Tim

Try running ARCx36 as administrator....

Tim

Feed Provider
I have been away from the computer for a few days. I will try those couple of things when I am by my mother's house again next weekend.

She said that she bought the radio new and I tried it on a few different computers. Perhaps it *is* the connection. I am just making sure, but you can't wireless use the ARC program...correct?

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.