ARC Patrol: ARC PATROL Virtual Control will not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHIOSCAN

Arc Patrol will U/D files but I cannot get Virtual Control to start on any Win 10 PC. I tried the Win 8.1 driver on the HP site with no success. Tried different USB ports and port speed. Butel Support only suggestion was a Win 10 driver but I have never seen one. Only reason I paid for ARC PATROL was for the Virtual
Control, apparently Butel ARC PATROL is not 100% Win 10 compatible so beware before you buy.

I did work on Win 7

Anybody had any luck, tried 3 different Win 10 machines.

Thanks

N2AL

From what I have heard there is something with Windows 10 accepting drivers that are not Windows 10 specific. I do not know the exact method but you can disable the Windows 10 driver verification somehow. I would start there and if anyone can offer more expertise please respond.

I am a Mac user so my expertise with Windows 10 is somewhat limited as opposed to other versions.

OHIOSCAN

Yes I have had to do that with drivers in the past for Win 10 and it worked for drivers that would not install.
I did get the Win 8.1 drivers to load but they did not help, not holding out for Uniden to bring a driver out.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.