BCD996P2/BCD996XT Programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshing

Premium Subscriber
I'm spent, and I'm sure the answers are incredibly obvious and easy to fix. I need help organizing sites and groups in FreeSCAN and programming QKs into a multi-site system. My current dilemma is I'm approaching too many TGIDs within one system (454), and I'd like to spread out counties/parishes into individual systems with QKs.... Unless advised otherwise.

I have parishes (several jurisdictions) all within one system assigned to individual Group QKs (0-9) because the LWIN (LWIN) in Louisiana appears to use several sites.

For example, East Baton Rouge agencies hit on the Livingston site, or the Livonia site and vice versa.... Really, all agencies appear to hit off of any available site.

Programmed TGIDs only display on the scanners when all 16 regional sites are within one system; again, with way too many TGIDs within that system.

Initially (about a year ago), I had each county/parish programmed into an individual system on QKs (0-9), but in the LWIN system (Louisiana), it drove me crazy when a TGID I know I had programmed correctly would display the number and not the description.

So, how can I organize parishes/counties into individual systems with assigned QKs

Other info:
BCD996P2 is stationary, doesn't move with an antenna about 400 ft (yes, four hundred) up
BCD996XT in car, no GPS unit

marksmith

When it displays TGID number instead of programmed name, you have that system in SEARCH mode instead of scan.

Your only option with the 500 record limit is to enter the system numerous times with different sites and talkgroups as you indicated.

But you need to mske sure each system is in scan mode, or each will try to play everything on system (just number) rather than your programmed description.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

mshing

Premium Subscriber
Bummer. That's what I was afraid of. Currently I toggle back and forth between search and scan.
It seems like scan doesn't move as fast as search.
I didn't know if it was possible to program all sites within one system, then split counties into other system.

Status
Not open for further replies.