Freescan: Need Freescan file for Southeast Louisiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twister234

I have just acquired my first Uniden Digital Scanner (BC996T) and am as lost as a goose with trying to build a file to program this thing. I have a dozen or so GRE and Whistlers that I can program in the dark but Freescan is nothing like what I am accustomed to. I would greatly appreciate it if someone in Southeast Louisiana would donate a 996T file to help me get started. I am mainly interested in the LWIN system as I am a retired trooper and want to listen in on my younger brothers in blue. I have tried the copy function from RR but have had no luck there either. If someone can spare a file, please email it to me at sharkey@exede.net. Many, many thanks!

Last edited:

Technoguy58

Hello, I'll send you the file you want. The BCD996T does not have enough memory to hold all the talkgroups on LWIN. I've tried. What parish are you in. Is this going to be a mobile or base setup?? This will help me put the correct sites in your file. Are you just wanting troop A? or B? or what?? Other than LSP what else are you interested in?? Any parish stuff?? If you are in the N.O. area then Jeff parish law is mostly encrypted but NOPD is still relatively open with a little encryption thrown in here and there. Peruse the LWIN database and let me know what you want. Remember, your only going to hear talkgroups that are affiliated with the site you will be listening to. So having the sites that your radio can receive is important. Figure 25-25 miles or so from site. If you have any questions, let me know. Also, probably should move this thread to the Louisiana regional forum. It is interesting that you find the GRE/WHISTLER type scanners easier to program than the UNIDEN. I find it just the opposite.

Twister234

What A Guy!

Many thanks for your help. This is going to be a mobile setup. I need Troops A, B, and L. I am in Tangipahoa Parish. I dont need anything from the New Orleans/Jefferson Parish/southshore area. St. Helena Parish and Washington Parish would be nice if you dont mind. Once I get the file, I will be adding some aircraft stuff to it. . I mostly stay around north Tangi, so the Wilmer, Roseland, Sheridan,Greensburg, Hammond, Baywood, Livingston and St. Tammany Simulcast sites should handle it. I can always add others as I need once I see how the file is laid out. I cant tell you how much I appreciate your help.Please let me know if I can do something to hep you in return. My experience has always been with the GRE line as far as programmables go so I guess I am just accustomed to those. I have 6 Uniden 9000s that I use for Milcom but no trunkers. Also, how do I move the message to the Louisiana thread? I have been a member for many years but never posted much at all.

Last edited:

Technoguy58

I guess you know St Tammany is pretty much all encrypted. A little fire. The fire services are supposed to be migrating to LWIN in the future but most is still VHF. St Helena has 2 talkgroups that I've ever heard. Washington is a mix of LWIN and VHF. I'll put what I know is correct in it. Tangi SO is all LWIN as well as Hammond. Livingston SO does not use LWIN much. Mostly UHF however fire is on LWIN alot. OK, let me get it for you. Hopefully an admin will see this and move ti to correct forum.

Twister234

Very Good

That is great. Like I say, I will be able to figure it out once I have your file. I have programmed a few GREs for other retired policemen but have always had to turn away the Unidens so this will be a help for me and those guys too. Mississippi is moving fast toward all Phase II radios so this one will be my Louisiana backup. I have some of the new Whistlers that I use for Mississippi. Thanks again so much for your help.

Twister234

Just a Clarification

Hey Ed. Just wanted to make sure you know I only wanted those tower sites I listed, not all of the talkgroups on those sites or for all of those parishes. I wouldn't dream of asking you to do all of that work. Please don't overwork yourself. If you list a few talkgroups on each site and maybe a conventional, I can add the others I want. For example, if you add a couple of FD talkgroups for the St Tammany Simulcast site, that will show me how to enter them and I can add the others I want. Thanks again for your help.You are just the kind of guru I needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.