RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software - This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2017, 4:43 AM

Question Lag time

Hi all!

I have a Dell I7 Inspiron 15r, 16 Gb. ram. I am running ProScan V.12.3 via wifi and the delay time between the scanner and the display is like 2 to 3 seconds. Is this normal? As I remember it win I first started the program there was no noticeable lag time. I am not running any other program at the same time. Is it me or is this normal? I love the program, I went out and picked up aluminum cans along the highway to get the money to buy the program. Please let me know if this is normal for ProScan to run this way.

Al
USASA
Old 09-06-2017, 7:03 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by USASA View Post
Hi all!

I have a Dell I7 Inspiron 15r, 16 Gb. ram. I am running ProScan V.12.3 via wifi and the delay time between the scanner and the display is like 2 to 3 seconds. Is this normal? As I remember it win I first started the program there was no noticeable lag time. I am not running any other program at the same time. Is it me or is this normal? I love the program, I went out and picked up aluminum cans along the highway to get the money to buy the program. Please let me know if this is normal for ProScan to run this way.

Al
USASA
I haven't seen or heard about this one. I have a Wi-Fi connection that's been on for a few days and it looks instant to me. Does it happen over time? Try power cycling the scanner and see if the display lags. Next restart ProScan and see if the display lags. I'm interested if others have the same problem.

What firmware and OS are you using?
Old 09-07-2017, 2:09 AM

Question Lag Time

Hi!

With WiFi it builds with time (short amount), it appears. If I try using the comport, RS232 it is right off the bat. Very frustration.

Al
USASA
Old 09-08-2017, 11:56 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by USASA View Post
Hi!

With WiFi it builds with time (short amount), it appears. If I try using the comport, RS232 it is right off the bat. Very frustration.

Al
USASA
I still don't see any lag of the display on the Wi-Fi and I've been running since 8/12/17.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps another program or the OS is sending a lot of UDP packets but I don't think that would cause a problem.

I'll see if anyone else experiences this.
Old 09-11-2017, 3:47 PM

Having the same issue here.Start the client click on my feed works fine to start and then about 10 minutes in problems start.Stop the feed and restart and all is good again for 10 minutes again.This does not happen with my 15x or 796d.Could be something on my end but not sure.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
Sponsored links