Win500: win500 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmh603

I updated by Win500 file yesterday. Today I went to upload the .p500 file to my GRE 600 Scanner. I get this message:

9-5-17.p500 was written with a newer version of Win500. It was written with version 109120.6360. You must upgrade to at least that newer version before loading this file. You may obtain that file at www.starrsoft.co/software/win500.

I am using Win500 Version 2.08 I also re-downloaded it from the web site, Still get that error message? I am using Windows 8.1 I also downloaded all drivers it has listed on the web site.

Anyone got any ideas? Guess the software is not supported anymore? I hate to lose that file as it took me all day to update all the frequencies?

Thanks

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Seems like I had some kind of error message a while back and after rebooting my computer it loaded ok...I am using the same version you are also.

kmh603

I tried rebooting, Same problem? I also Emailed Don Starr with no response?

Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I updated by Win500 file yesterday. Today I went to upload the .p500 file to my GRE 600 Scanner. I get this message:

9-5-17.p500 was written with a newer version of Win500. It was written with version 109120.6360. You must upgrade to at least that newer version before loading this file. You may obtain that file at www.starrsoft.co/software/win500.

I am using Win500 Version 2.08 I also re-downloaded it from the web site, Still get that error message? I am using Windows 8.1 I also downloaded all drivers it has listed on the web site.

Anyone got any ideas? Guess the software is not supported anymore? I hate to lose that file as it took me all day to update all the frequencies?

Thanks

Can you zip up a copy of your .p500 file and attach it to a post here? I'll see if it imports to WIN500 here.

kmh603

Hello:

Radioreference will not let me upload that file as it says I exceed the upload file limit for that file? Can I email you the file? PM with email addy and I will send it to you. It will NOT open on my Win500 Program.

Thanks

jloriginal

Premium Subscriber
win500 error

I'm having the same problem will not let me download win500. tried rebooting. I get nothing. I hate losing all the stuff I had before

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm having the same problem will not let me download win500. tried rebooting. I get nothing. I hate losing all the stuff I had before

I doubt you're having the same problem as the OP in this thread.

According to your other post here:

https://forums.radioreference.com/s...59528-win500-not-downloading.html#post2822936

your Norton Anti Virus is blocking the download of the WIN500 software.

The OP in this thread had a corrupt WIN500 programming file that he saved and couldn't open in his working copy of WIN500 on his computer. He sucessfully downloaded and ran a new copy of WIN500 and got the same error when trying to import a file because the file he had saved previously somehow got corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.