ARCXT: ARC-XT Pro delay time

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnoelw

In configuration editor, Custom search tab, what are the negative delay times of -2 and -5 for?
many thanks for your help.
Noel

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
In configuration editor, Custom search tab, what are the negative delay times of -2 and -5 for?
many thanks for your help.
Noel

When your scanner stops on a transmission, a negative delay will force it to move on and continue scanning after the amount of seconds you set even if the transmission it stopped on is still in progress.

pnoelw

Thanks for the reply, fxdscon.

OK. So a setting of +2 or+5 will cause the scan to resume 2 0o 5 seconds after the transmission stops, unless another transmission starts within that delay period. And -2 or -5 will cause the scan to resume after 2 or 5 seconds irrespective of the status of transmission.

That makes sense. Thank you.

Do you know if there is a more detailed description of the full functionality of ARC-XT pro other than the manual, which is incomplete in various areas? I have version 1.17

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You are correct - positive delays means the scanner "holds" on a channel for x seconds after conclusion of business. Negative delays means the scanner is "forced" to resume scanning after the x second time has elapsed even though business hasn't been concluded.

The manual is as good as it gets as far as written descriptions go. However there are enough users around here to fill-in the blanks. Also Gommert from Butel checks this board pretty much every day and he's pretty good about answering questions.

pnoelw

Thank you for the clarity. Although I have previously used the software quite extensively, I've recently moved continents and the radios have been packed away for a couple of years. So I'm a bit rusty with some of the finer details and the old memory isn't what it used to be......as far as I can recall!

Status
Not open for further replies.