ProScan: Cannot upload after updating to 12.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening everyone! I am having a huge issue with ProScan and my BCD996P2. I was using the trial version of 12.3 to test out features and loved ProScan so I went a purchased a license and then updated to 12.4. I have been mapping Radio IDs to callsigns and after I get 5-10 of them mapped, I add them to the Radio ID list and upload them to the scanner. All has been fine until after I updated and paid for the software. Any time I try to upload the changes, I get the following error:

"System Error - 102, SystemName = System 001, Code = -1"

I figured perhaps something happened with the upgrade and corrupted my saved programming file, so I created a new one and tried uploading and get the same issue. When I look at the upload screen, I get the following information, which I know is incorrect as I have already reset the scanner to delete all configuration and programming.

Scanner Memory Usage is stating 41495% and Systems in Scanner is showing 65535.

If anyone can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated. $50 is a lot of money for software that all of a suddenly does not work.

I have tried ProScan 12.2, 12.3 and 12.4 to no avail. I connected the scanner directly to a USB port instead of the USB Hub I normally connected it through and have tried three different cables to ensure they are not the problem and nothing is working. Now I have to program the scanner by hand again since all my systems are gone.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Good evening everyone! I am having a huge issue with ProScan and my BCD996P2. I was using the trial version of 12.3 to test out features and loved ProScan so I went a purchased a license and then updated to 12.4. I have been mapping Radio IDs to callsigns and after I get 5-10 of them mapped, I add them to the Radio ID list and upload them to the scanner. All has been fine until after I updated and paid for the software. Any time I try to upload the changes, I get the following error:

"System Error - 102, SystemName = System 001, Code = -1"

I figured perhaps something happened with the upgrade and corrupted my saved programming file, so I created a new one and tried uploading and get the same issue. When I look at the upload screen, I get the following information, which I know is incorrect as I have already reset the scanner to delete all configuration and programming.

Scanner Memory Usage is stating 41495% and Systems in Scanner is showing 65535.

If anyone can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated. $50 is a lot of money for software that all of a suddenly does not work.

I have tried ProScan 12.2, 12.3 and 12.4 to no avail. I connected the scanner directly to a USB port instead of the USB Hub I normally connected it through and have tried three different cables to ensure they are not the problem and nothing is working. Now I have to program the scanner by hand again since all my systems are gone.

Don't worry about purchasing a license and then it stopped working. I'm easy to work with.

The paid & trial versions & 12.3 & 12.4 uploading works exactly the same.

The problem sounds like the scanner is not accepting the system due to memory consumed. You may have gost systems in the scanner programmed before with the Protected attribute set. I would reset the scanner to factory default and upload again.

Don't worry about purchasing a license and then it stopped working. I'm easy to work with.

The paid & trial versions & 12.3 & 12.4 uploading works exactly the same.

The problem sounds like the scanner is not accepting the system due to memory consumed. You may have gost systems in the scanner programmed before with the Protected attribute set. I would reset the scanner to factory default and upload again.

Thanks for the quick reply. I never used the protected attribute since I had no need for it for a personal scanner. I had already reset the scanner and nothing would make it work. I did get it work but I had to use FreeScan to erase the scanner again and upload an older programming and then I could reprogram with the current ProScan programming file. I am not sure what in the world happened but I managed to get it fixed with FreeScan. Now to get back to tagging Radio IDs since I am back in business.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick reply. I never used the protected attribute since I had no need for it for a personal scanner. I had already reset the scanner and nothing would make it work. I did get it work but I had to use FreeScan to erase the scanner again and upload an older programming and then I could reprogram with the current ProScan programming file. I am not sure what in the world happened but I managed to get it fixed with FreeScan. Now to get back to tagging Radio IDs since I am back in business.

I don't know what went wrong. I just tested uploading & downloading and appears to be okay. I set the option to erase systems first. What firmware version using so I can try to duplicate?

I don't know what went wrong. I just tested uploading & downloading and appears to be okay. I set the option to erase systems first. What firmware version using so I can try to duplicate?

I am using Version 1.07.07 and I do not have the DMR/MotoTRBO or ProVoice upgrades if that would make any differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.