ARC XT file saving question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
I just installed ARC XT Basic in order to transfer the contents of my BCD325P2 to a BCD996P2.

How does one go about saving all the systems and groups after I've completed the transfer and want to shut down the software? I want to be able to reopen the software and see the same configuration again. At this point, every time I close the software, it erases itself.

The software manual says something about a quick save option, which I've done, but that doesn't seem to save anything.

Is it necessary to create a separate file for each and every system?

Thanks for any help!

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
You need to use profiles to open multiple system files at the same time. Quicksave will save all systems using the system name and this is the way ARC XT stores systems. Use the profile option in the file menu to save/open profiles.

To load a profile on startup go to Setup _ Software Options and set the profile you want automatically loaded on startup.

Gommert
Butel Software

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Each system is saved as a separate file. So if you have 10 systems, you'll have 10 files.

A Profile is a "collection" of individual system files that you wish to program in your scanner.

I'm presuming you used ARC XT to program your 325, so your computer should have those files stored on it. What I would do is create a profile for those 325 files that would go into your 996:

File>Profile Creator (a window opens where your system files are located, or you can navigate to that folder.)

In the System Files area, select the files you wish to include (Mouse click to highlight then click Add. If you want all the files, click Import All.)

Once you've selected those files you want to add, click Save Profile at the bottom of the window. Another window opens and you can give the profile a name.

Next you'll have to open that profile. File>Open Profile then select that profile you created. You will then see all the selected systems in the browser window. From there, you can program them into your scanner.

If you did not use the computer to program your 325, thus the programming files are not on your computer, then you could read from the 325.

After reading the scanner, you'll need to highlight each system and do a File>Save System As and give each system its own unique name. This has to be done one system at a time.

Next do a File>Save Profile As and give this collection of system files a name. This will allow you to "grab" those same systems again instead of having to open them one by one.

If you are not interested in saving the system files, then after reading the 325, you could merely connect the 996 and do a write to it.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, Gommert and Ofd8001.

I'll get back into the software and follow your directions when I can find some time.

Thanks, again!

Status
Not open for further replies.