Uniden 325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfd540

Im considering buying a uniden bcd325p2 scanner. I am not capable of programming these new radios without a scanner and software. I was able to program my 436 but I understand the 325 does not use sentinel. Is there an easy software to use to program and will the software set everything I need to listen

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Freescan proscan

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Im considering buying a uniden bcd325p2 scanner. I am not capable of programming these new radios without a scanner and software. I was able to program my 436 but I understand the 325 does not use sentinel. Is there an easy software to use to program and will the software set everything I need to listen

If you want something 'basic' and aren't scanning anything DMR, then Freescan.

If you want something more involved, then spend the money and get a copy of Proscan.
FreeSCAN can be used for most programming. However, if you also will be adding the DMR upgrade to your 325P2, you would need to use ProScan (or ARC-XT). FreeSCAN was never updated for DMR. ProScan supports DMR programming, and also can be used on a wide range of other Uniden scanners.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
ARC XT or ARC XT PRO from Butel can be used for these 5 Uniden Scanners: BCD396XT/BC346XT/BCD996XT/BCT15X/BCD325P2/BCD996P2. I have used Butel ARC software for all my scanners for many years and very happy with it.

NYRHKY94

NFD540:

Proscan has a fully functional 30-day free trial. You have nothing to lose giving it a try with your BCD325P2. No obligation to purchase it at the end of the trial either. And the author of the software is a regular on RR and provides terrific support. Just sharing...

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
ARC XT or ARC XT PRO from Butel can be used for these 5 Uniden Scanners: BCD396XT/BC346XT/BCD996XT/BCT15X/BCD325P2/BCD996P2. I have used Butel ARC software for all my scanners for many years and very happy with it.

I mean 6 Scanners
Besides those, ProScan supports the BCT15, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BCD396T, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BC996T, as well as the BCD436HP & BCD536HP series.

While ProScan, @ $50.00, is more expensive than ARC-XT Basic ($39.95), it includes logging, recording, and virtual control. You have to go to the Pro version of ARC-XT, $69.95, to get that. Both programs offer free lifetime updates, and both have a 30-day free trial period so that you can try before you buy.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
FreeScan doesn't support EDACS ProVoice programming either, so keep that in mind if your systems happen to use that dying mode.

The 325 can be upgraded for ProVoice as well as DMR/MOTOTRBO

Mike

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
FreeScan doesn't support EDACS ProVoice programming either, so keep that in mind if your systems happen to use that dying mode.

The 325 can be upgraded for ProVoice as well as DMR/MOTOTRBO

Mike
There is no difference in programming for EDACS ProVoice vs standard EDACS. The exact same information in the database for a system in my area works just fine. There are no additional fields to select or enter. Of course, FreeSCAN was not updated for DMR, as had already been noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.