BCD436HP Discovery mode bug - spontaneous stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK3AAG

Hi all!

I have a few BCD436HP scanners. Different HW versions manufactured in different years, from 2015 to 2017. Different firmware versions, including latest .31. But problem is the same — in Discovery mode they spontaneously stop discovering and exit in Scan mode. In this case current session Discovery data become empty :(

Here is what I tried:

- Removing all data from card
- SD card format
- SD card replacement with brand new ones, including SanDisk Class 10 cards
- New and fresh batteries, including Li-Ion
- External USB power connected and disconnected
- Different USB power adapters
- Different USB cords

But no luck! The only difference I noticed – interval from Discovery start to Discovery crash. It varies from 30 minutes to a few hours (maximum). My personal record is 2 hours.

Scan mode works just fine and can run for a few days with no issues.

Asked a friend of mine about it and he said that his BCD536HP is the same.

WTF?

A few questions to UPMan:

1. Is any solution available?
2. Is this bug confirmed and admitted?
3. Are you working on it, or you’re with the head immersed in a new multi-colored scanner?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I've never had that problem with the 436 or 536. The only issue I've experienced is the scanner hanging on control channels and other continuous broadcasts.

What card(s) specifically are you using?

RK3AAG

I've never had that problem with the 436 or 536.
Have you used Discovery mode? One session for more than few hours? Search at RR shows that this problem was reported a few times before. So, I am not alone. BTW, I have no problems with sessions shorter than 20-30 minutes.

I've tried many SD cards, including standard one from Uniden box, SANDISK ULTRA MICROSD UHS-I CARD FOR CAMERAS - 16GB SDSQUNC-016G-AN6IA and other brands, like Kingston.

It's 100% not a card issue! Swap of a bunch of cards change nothing.
For me it looks like power issue, because new and fresh batteries manufactured in the end of ’17 or Li-Ion batteries (1.6V) can do 2-3 hours long Discovery sessions. But other batteries can do only 30 minutes Discovery sessions. With the same card of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.