Win500: Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyes00only

Using Win500 for the first time in years and I can't find the dang setting that turns on the backlight when a transmission is received.

Is it just my old age or did it disappear?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Using Win500 for the first time in years and I can't find the dang setting that turns on the backlight when a transmission is received.

Is it just my old age or did it disappear?
It's over on the right side of the tab where you can review Conventional objects, to set Scanlist, alarms, LED, and a few other options.

For Trunked System objects, it's on the TSYS Objects tab, lower right, next to your list of talkgroup ID's programmed.

For either a Conventional or TSYS object, click on the object itself to highlight, then the Backlight setting is visible and selectable.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Good question. I had to look it up as I prefer it either off of on full time and use the LED color lights for alerting. This is especially true for me when on battery power, in order to save energy.
Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

1. Select the "CONV Objects" tab
2. Now on the right side under "Alerts" you will see an option menu for "Backlight"
3. Select the conventional frequency you want to trigger the backlight on when the squelch breaks and then select On or Flash, whichever you prefer.

If you want all of your conventional frequencies to turn on the backlight, there is not a global setting that I am aware of. Simply select the top most freq, hold down the Shift key and then select the last freq. Once they're all highlighted select your "Backlight" preference. I have not tried that, but it should work.

eyes00only

I don't think it's the way I've done before but I went to the TSYS Objects tab and clicked Control and A to highlight all then clicked the backlight to on. Now the light comes on only when a transmission occurs. I may experiment to find out what the other settings are: Flash & <multiple> & Key & Ignore & Stealth. Thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.