Virus alert ProScan 12.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotsavannahs

Premium Subscriber
Hello I was attempting to download the ProScan 12.7 when I was notified of the file being infected with a virus.
I have included a screenshot for reference. Anyone else run across this issue? Is there another download available that is clean?

Attachments

• ProScan12.7-VirusAlert.jpg
    ProScan12.7-VirusAlert.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 365

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello I was attempting to download the ProScan 12.7 when I was notified of the file being infected with a virus.
I have included a screenshot for reference. Anyone else run across this issue? Is there another download available that is clean?
It's a false positive. Since that's the newest version, not many users have installed it, so your anti-virus does not recognize it.

I had a false positive on the new Whistler EZ-Scan software for the same reason. Too new to have a history, so my antivirus (Norton Internet Security) suggested blocking it. I overrode that and told the program it was a trusted file. (Norton did not squawk over the ProsScan update.)

Subsequent system scans did not indicate any concerns for either file.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It's a false positive. Interesting Win Defender will report this when downloading with Edge. Chrome downloads and installs fine.

saboken

Premium Subscriber
Also got a Hit

Avira Deleted it as soon as i tried to run it! i hope theres nothing going on in it??? I know everyone says its a false Detection but you never know one Rouge Programmer could put something in anything!

saboken

Premium Subscriber
That's where I DL it from my anti virus didn't even warn me first it just deleted it then put up a detection. It's probably ok

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Mine is 14.3 also I think the thread got started a while ago, but I got the agressive virus alert off 14.3 last night when I first tried to install it.
I'm not getting any alerts on ProScan from Norton Internet Security,

Status
Not open for further replies.