Check Simulcast box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilhelm1234

Just curious...I notice only one box marked "Simulcast" for all the groups but individual boxes for each other group..do you HAVE to mark Simulcast box when downloading??..I did but now receive channels I didn't want and have to lock them out individually...... thanks

troymail

Silent Key
It sounds like you are talking about a trunk system with a site called "Simulcast"... and, if it is the only site listed then yes, you need to select that site.

To help more, can you tell me what software you are using with which radio and which system you are speaking of?

Wilhelm1234

There is one box on left for Simulcast and individual boxes on right for each talk group . If Simulcast is checked it seems like it brings in all the other groups even if they are not checked...... confusing!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The check box on the left is the radio site for the system. It has the frequencies used by the system. The boxes on the right are the various departments and their channels (talk groups). In order to scan, you must have at least one site and at least one channel. I suspect you have "ID Search" turned on, which will cause the scanner to stop on all traffic on the system. Ensure that ID Scan is selected, select the site, and select the desired departments/channels.

Last edited:

Wilhelm1234

If I go into my menu (996xt) and lock the Simulcast out I can receive MOST of the channels I want but not the closest one.......I guess I don't quite understand what exactly Simulcast does..I always thought it was a repeater system for a stronger signal but evidently I'm wrong!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
So, you are in ID Search mode. Read my post.

If Simulcast is the only checkbox under site, and Simulcast is not selected, you will receive nothing from the system.

Wilhelm1234

Having trouble accessing "Simulcast" menu...when I go to program system the only talk groups that show up are the ones that I want

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Simulcast would be under "Edit Site", not under "Edit Department" in the scanner's menu. If it is not there, the system won't be scanned at all.

Wilhelm1234

Even in Simulcast menu only the talk groups I want are showing.......I don't have the close call on...why is it scanning these other frequencies??

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There should be no talk groups under "Simulcast." There should be frequencies.

As I said, above, since you are in ID Search mode, you are going to hear all traffic on the system. You need to set to ID Scan mode to only scan the channels you have programmed.

Wilhelm1234

Yea..I saw the freqs but that would be a living nightmare to decipher.....ok I'm going to try and figure that out now..lol

Wilhelm1234

I know that it shouldn't be this hard but I absolutely cannot figure out how to go from search to scan..I press function dial and it gives me several options ie railroad public safety custom Simulcast etc...BUT NO SCAN...What am I missing!

Wilhelm1234

I managed to get be a combination of search and scan but that seems to lockout channels I want also...I just can't get be a pure "scan" no matter what I do....is there any phone support for uniden??

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I know that it shouldn't be this hard but I absolutely cannot figure out how to go from search to scan..I press function dial and it gives me several options ie railroad public safety custom Simulcast etc...BUT NO SCAN...What am I missing!

To toggle between ID Scan and ID Search mode: Press the large Function knob then press the Scan / Search button. Don't go into the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.