ARCXT: RR Uniden Programming Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

cityguy14202

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a new Uniden BCD996P2 and used radio reference to program it. All the systems work fine included conventional systems, LTR, and EDACS however non of the P25 systems are working. They around from surrounding counties but one county is only 25 miles away and the other is 41 miles away. Does anyone have any clue as to what I might be doing wrong or are the systems just too far away to reach me?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You didn't mention anything about which system(s) these 2 are (it would be helpful to have the database entries (hint hint)), but on 800 Mhz, that distance would definitely be quite a stretch - particularly if you were just running an indoor antenna. Something outside, high and in the clear, would have a chance at these- perhaps with a yagi and maybe a small preamp as well, depending on your terrain and obstacles.

But indoors, you're not likely to hear them very well, if at all. Mike

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
25 miles may be possible with an indoor antenna, but reception will probably be unreliable. 41 miles, forget about it unless you have a really good outdoor antenna mounted up high with good coax going to the scanner.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Either just too far, are they mutilplte sites? if so do you have the correct sites loaded?

I just bought a new Uniden BCD996P2 and used radio reference to program it. All the systems work fine included conventional systems, LTR, and EDACS however non of the P25 systems are working. They around from surrounding counties but one county is only 25 miles away and the other is 41 miles away. Does anyone have any clue as to what I might be doing wrong or are the systems just too far away to reach me?

Status
Not open for further replies.