SENTINEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
SENTINEL .......... What is the difference between SENTINEL current data base and the RADIO REFERENCE current data base ? Am I correct in assuming Sentinel is a database listing Radio Reference information? If not, what is the difference ? Thank You for your time

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Non scannable things aren't included in HPDB (encrypted, unsupported digital formats, etc). Otherwise, the same, but HPDB updated only once a week. RRDB updated continuously.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It's more or less the same.

The Radio Reference database is continuously being updated, meaning that changes may be added Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc. Uniden does a "data pull" from the Radio Reference database once a week (Sunday or Monday). So assuming things are working as desired, the Uniden/Sentinel database will be at most a week out of date.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
Gentlemen, thank you for your time and reassuring me what I thought was happening. I use Bu-Tel software to load my scanners. I go to Radio Reference and select the most up to date data of the departments I want to listen to. Using only UNIDEN scanners, I wanted to make sure there was no dis-advatage to not using sentinel. please note: I do understand the Sentinel software is required to do a " firmware update "

Status
Not open for further replies.