Freescan: FreeScan Uploading issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
Having an issue and not sure if this is the correct place
When uploading 1 system either on an add or append it seems to upload the same system over and over again,
Each system that is in the scanner the highlighted line moved down each even though it is not selected but instead of sending the one that is not selected it seems to resend the one that is.
I find that the only way to stop this is to send all after erasing the scanner and uploading all.
Can someone else confirm if this is happining to you or was there a update to the software or scanner
I am using Freescan 2.19 Beta1 Scanner Version 1.07.09 in a 996p2
Windows 7Pro
Thanks in advance

marksmith

There is an option on the upload screen you should ALWAYS have checked. It is the option to delete all files on scanner.

With this checked, it deletes all files on the scanner, and then copies what selected systems you have chosen.

Otherwise you get the results you are getting.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you are just changing a single system, you really don't need to do an erase. Replace will work just fine. If however you have a number of other systems along with the one you're changing, then erase will clean everything up before the upload. It really depends on the scenario

Mike

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
I try to do a replace but as it goes down the list even though I have deselected all the systems I dont need to update is stops on them anyway but adds the system I do want to upload. it just duplicates it until it gets to the end of the list. so I would have my normal 300 systems and then 300 of the one I actually want to modify.
I will try it with the older version of Freescan then the 996xt scanner and see if it is specific to the scanner or the version of Freescan
what I can not remember is if this did this when I had the older software or the older firmware.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You will find that the replace option calls it out clearly - replace the indicated system then add others. So using the erase option as mentioned earlier is a very easy workaround. That's the way FreeScan has been for a long time.

Mike

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
You will find that the replace option calls it out clearly - replace the indicated system then add others. So using the erase option as mentioned earlier is a very easy workaround. That's the way FreeScan has been for a long time.

Mike
I would agree however I deselect the other systems as I made no changed to them, the issue is it duplicates the same one over and over again until it goes through all the systems in the scanner upload list even though they are not selected

Status
Not open for further replies.