RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software - This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2018, 10:39 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Saving entire scanner contents to ARC 536.

Hello all, let me first start off saying this is is an embarrassing question for me to ask for but here it goes. I have searched the forums for this one with no joy, so I am not asking this cold. I can't figure out how to save the scanner contents once downloaded from the scanner (a 436) into permanent memory in ARC, so that when hitting the open button all the favorites lists in the scanner scanner show up. I have tried creating a new folder to put everything into when hitting the save all button, but I only get one or two F.L.'s to come up. If someone would be willing to explain the to me in a step by step fashion I would really appreciate it. T.I.A. TT.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:34 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Butel/ARC is pretty much at the mercy of Uniden when it comes to a scanner's file architecture. Uniden has created this model scanner's file structure such that each Favorites List is a separate file.

So with that in mind, which keeps your life simpler by not inadvertently cramming "everything" into one file, it's better if you read each Favorites List separately and save each one separately with its own file name. Be sure you either select a desired location for these files on your computer, or note where they are so they can be retrieved.

This isn't much different than in the past with other ARC programs for Uniden. Each System was a separate file, though you could create a profile containing numerous systems. The new "thing" is merely another, bigger, container called "Favorites Lists" where multiple systems can be included.