New to ARC-XT. Its not working! Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisadafoe

Arc

I am new to radios and the software as well. I have the arc-tc downloaded. When I go to connect my scanner it won’t let me because something about the serial port. I have the driver installed. I downloaded free scan software and was able to connect my scanner to that. I just had to change it to com 3 because I guess that’s where the scanner is connecting to. How do I change the arc-tc to read from com 3? I’m completely new at this so the easier you explain the better

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Which one of the BuTel packages do you have and which scanner are you trying to use it with? The answer makes a significant difference in the resolution of your question

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Not 'buyer' - BuTel, which is the name of the company that sells the ARC prefixed software. In your case, it would be ARC-XT.

If you have FreeScan communicating with the 325, I'd suggest starting with that. You can always migrate to ARC-XT later. I don't have that scanner nor ARC-XT, so hopefully now someone can jump in and answer how to make that look at COM3. Shouldn't be too hard, frankly...Mike

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I experienced the same or similar issue before. Best I can tell, some other software has "captured" or laid claim to the port ARC is trying use. When that happened to me, I powered down the computer then did a re-start. That releases all the com ports.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I used the ARC-XT software, and the is an autodetect feature in the first step before a download or upload. Be sure you do not have another usb device (other than your printer) plugged in or you may have a comm port conflict. You can also go to the Device Manager and see what ports are active and try them manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.