RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Scanner Programming Software

Scanner Programming Software - This is the place to discuss third party scanner programming and control software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2018, 12:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Can Someone Help Me Please

I have a Radio Shack Pro-2055 scanner that I haven't used in forever. At one time I had the Win97 software (w/license) but lost it all (including the license key) in a fatal computer crash. I still have the cable though.

Anyhow, I did a search and found for the Win 97 software but I can seem to unzip the file getting a "Permission denied" message. I don't know, maybe it's (the software) has been disabled? Not compatible with Windows 10?

Might I be doing something wrong or is there another program that I can obtain that will help me to program this thing. I guess in worst case, I can read the manual and program it manually. I'm just trying to set it up to give to a family member in another state so they can listen to their local PD (Buffalo, NY area)

Any help would be much appreciated.

On another note, I'd spent a good chunk of change purchasing the Uniden BCD536HP so I could obtain the Memphis PD .... and then my county (DeSoto County, MS) went encrypted for everything...including dog catcher! Now I hear sirens down the street and don't have a clue what's going on. But at least I can still hear the activity in Memphis.
Sponsored links
Old 06-07-2018, 12:04 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubstorfk View Post
I have a Radio Shack Pro-2055 scanner that I haven't used in forever. At one time I had the Win97 software (w/license) but lost it all (including the license key) in a fatal computer crash. I still have the cable though.

Anyhow, I did a search and found for the Win 97 software but I can seem to unzip the file getting a "Permission denied" message. I don't know, maybe it's (the software) has been disabled? Not compatible with Windows 10?

Might I be doing something wrong or is there another program that I can obtain that will help me to program this thing. I guess in worst case, I can read the manual and program it manually. I'm just trying to set it up to give to a family member in another state so they can listen to their local PD (Buffalo, NY area)

Any help would be much appreciated.

On another note, I'd spent a good chunk of change purchasing the Uniden BCD536HP so I could obtain the Memphis PD .... and then my county (DeSoto County, MS) went encrypted for everything...including dog catcher! Now I hear sirens down the street and don't have a clue what's going on. But at least I can still hear the activity in Memphis.
I just downloaded (Win97 - Data Management Software for the PRO-97, PRO-2055, PSR-300, PSR-400, PRO-164, and PRO-163 Scanners) to my Win10 machine - extracted and ran it... no issues.

Using Chrome - opened the download folder - right-clicked on the Win97 zip file then Extract All .. no install required so I double clicked on the Win97 application in the extraction folder - ran fine.
Old 06-07-2018, 5:13 PM

Not sure where to ask. Can I use Win500 on more than one computer?
I just updated to the newest version but put it on my desktop instead of
a laptop.
Old 06-07-2018, 6:47 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

As an alternative suggestion consider PSREdit300. Free to try, only $20 to buy.

PSREdit300
PSREdit300 - Configuration Editor for the PSR-300, PSR-400, PRO-163, PRO-164, PRO-97, PRO-2055 and MFJ-8322 Scanners

PSREdit300 Screen Shots

Screen Shots
Old 06-07-2018, 7:31 PM

Thanks, but I'm a huge fan of the Winn software. Been using various versions for many years.
Old 06-08-2018, 7:03 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

YES, you can use Win500 on multiple PC's. You will just need to use the purchase key you were originally provided.
Old 06-08-2018, 7:49 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by troymail View Post
I just downloaded (Win97 - Data Management Software for the PRO-97, PRO-2055, PSR-300, PSR-400, PRO-164, and PRO-163 Scanners) to my Win10 machine - extracted and ran it... no issues.

Using Chrome - opened the download folder - right-clicked on the Win97 zip file then Extract All .. no install required so I double clicked on the Win97 application in the extraction folder - ran fine.
LOL... I'm not sure exactly what I did but somehow the program seems to be installed and even has my old license key number (?). When I used that program last, it was on a completely different puter

Anyhow, thanks for the help. Now we'll see if I can actually remember (or stumble my way through) programming this PRO- 2055.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRHKY94 View Post
YES, you can use Win500 on multiple PC's. You will just need to use the purchase key you were originally provided.
Thanks. Going to give it a try now. Really need it more on my travel laptop
than the desktop.