Mac or Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXscannernut

I would like to get back into the scanner hobbie. I have a old RS Pro106 and would like to update to a Uniden SDS100. But I have moved on to the Apple world of computers.
Question : Should I get a old PC just to run my scanner software only or try to run a third party software on my Mac?
Thanks

I never had to load software on my old PC, because someone else programmed my radio. I still have my PC in the closet.

W5RGP

I would like to get back into the scanner hobbie. I have a old RS Pro106 and would like to update to a Uniden SDS100. But I have moved on to the Apple world of computers.

Question : Should I get a old PC just to run my scanner software only or try to run a third party software on my Mac?

Thanks

I never had to load software on my old PC, because someone else programmed my radio. I still have my PC in the closet.

I run proscan, ezscan and sentinel all using a program called crossover for Mac

You don’t have to have windows installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Get a cheap netbook for programming. It's probably cheaper and less hassle than setting up Windows on a Mac and dealing with cross-platform driver quirks, etc.

Bronty

Premium Subscriber

Thanks

All of the scanners software is very light, so you should be able to find a very reasonably priced laptop. They have deals on off lease and recycled corporate models.

https://m.newegg.com/productlist?keyword=refurbished hp laptop

If you really want to use your Mac, you can use VirtualBox for free (good option over VMware and parallels which add to the cost).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.