ARC536 Basic Version 2.1 Build 7 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
I download the new version and now it wont see my 436. I had just used the build 6 beta version to change some favorites in my unit not 15 minutes before and it worked perfect. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still it wont see my unit. ProScan works and several of the older versions of ARC see it but Build 7 wont. Something is going on with the new version. Anyone else having this problem?

garys

Premium Subscriber
No problem with either Basic or Pro. Virtual Control on Pro works great. Check to make sure the Comm Port setting didn't get changed somehow.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
No nothing has changed. Previous builds still work perfectly its just that build 7 wont see the scanner. I don't know what it is.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
I uninstalled and reinstalled no luck. Run it under administrator and still wont see it. I wish I had kept the beta of build 6 at least it worked. The only reason I upgraded it is they fixed the TG filters.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
Same for me with Windows 10. The latest version does not detect my SDS100 on any of the com ports. If I use the Sentinel software, I can do basic programming.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
Well that's what I'm using and have never had any problem with any version until now. If I still had the beta version of build 6 I would switch back but I deleted it by accident. I sent an email to Butel today maybe I'll get an answer soon.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Same with me on my laptop with Windows 10. Drive test does not see the scanner at all.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I tried this and it doesn't work. Windows 10 won't see the drive at all when it is in the scanner. When I remove the card and plug it directly into my computer, I can change the drive letter, but when I put it back into the scanner, it shows up as the D drive again.

Still no problem with Sentinel.

What is the drive letter assigned to the scanner?
If it is D: change it to E:. In current build the C+D drive are ignored.

Gommert
Butel Software

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
OK I went in and changed it to E and it works now. Thank you very much and a special thanks for fixing the TG filters dealing with DE and De talkgroups.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Build 8 is out. I won't get to load it on my laptop for a couple of hours, but I'll check to see if I can get it recognize the scanner.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Works fine on my Acer running Win10. It was a bit weird as the MS Defender reported one of the files as a Trojan. I let it delete them, which of course made ARC536 not run. I did a Repair reinstall and then ran it as an Administrator the first time. After that, it was fine.

scseh

Premium Subscriber
Here is arc536pro_201_build6_setup.exe
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikhbmebw0wijspo/fssetup-218-b6.exe?dl=0

I am using a Windows 7 PC. I just downloaded and installed arc536pro_201_build8_setup.exe.

A few observations with Build 8 [Build 81] in case Butel monitors this forum.

1. My AVG kept flagging the installer. After installing, AVG was flagging the executable. I had to exclude the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\BuTel\ARC536PRO" and had to click on Trust this File to allow the installation to continue.AVG wanted to upload the file to its' servers for an offline analysis. UPDATE: AVG Free app notified me that the file was clean.

2. In the RadioReference WebService window, when "Enable Service Tags Filter" is checked in the Service Tags TAB, then when you navigate systems in the Data TAB, the "Plus" symbol does not show up on the left side of the systems, and you can't view the frequencies.

This happens with Conventional frequencies.

If I uncheck the "Enable Service Tags Filter", then go up to Agency Dropdown and pick a different item, which causes a reload from RadioRefererence, then the "Plus" symbol returns to the left side of a system in the Data TAB section, and you can view the frequencies.

3. In the RadioReference WebService window, when you click on Trunk Systems Button, Agency Label, below County label, changes to Trunk Systems. No problem. When you click on Nationwide button, the Trunk Systems label does not change back to Agency. If you click on Agencies button or Conventional Frequencies button, then the Trunk Systems label changes back to Agency.

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
I was able to reproduce issue #2, but not Issue #3.

I had no problem with the install on my desktop with Win7. I don't have AVG, so that's probably the difference.

Here is arc536pro_201_build6_setup.exe
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikhbmebw0wijspo/fssetup-218-b6.exe?dl=0

I am using a Windows 7 PC. I just downloaded and installed arc536pro_201_build8_setup.exe.

A few observations with Build 8 [Build 81] in case Butel monitors this forum.

1. My AVG kept flagging the installer. After installing, AVG was flagging the executable. I had to exclude the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\BuTel\ARC536PRO" and had to click on Trust this File to allow the installation to continue.AVG wanted to upload the file to its' servers for an offline analysis. UPDATE: AVG Free app notified me that the file was clean.

2. In the RadioReference WebService window, when "Enable Service Tags Filter" is checked in the Service Tags TAB, then when you navigate systems in the Data TAB, the "Plus" symbol does not show up on the left side of the systems, and you can't view the frequencies.

This happens with Conventional frequencies.

If I uncheck the "Enable Service Tags Filter", then go up to Agency Dropdown and pick a different item, which causes a reload from RadioRefererence, then the "Plus" symbol returns to the left side of a system in the Data TAB section, and you can view the frequencies.

3. In the RadioReference WebService window, when you click on Trunk Systems Button, Agency Label, below County label, changes to Trunk Systems. No problem. When you click on Nationwide button, the Trunk Systems label does not change back to Agency. If you click on Agencies button or Conventional Frequencies button, then the Trunk Systems label changes back to Agency.

scseh

Premium Subscriber
Steps to repro Issue #3

Here is how you can repro Issue #3.

re: Issue #3 repro
1. Bring up RadioReference WebService - Build 81 Window
2. Choose State = Georgia, County = Forsyth
a. Agency Label will show "Agency"
3. Click on Trunk Systems Button
a. Agency Label should change to Trunk Systems
4. Click on Nationwide Button
a. Agency Label still shows Trunk Systems
5. Click on Conventional Frequencies Button or Agencies Button
a. Agency Label will change from Trunk Systems back to Agency

Screenshot shows the issue.

I was able to reproduce issue #2, but not Issue #3.

I had no problem with the install on my desktop with Win7. I don't have AVG, so that's probably the difference.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    27.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.