Win500: Global Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodychapman1

Is there a method when using Win500 to turn settings on or off settings without having to go through each item one at a time?

Such as setting the backlight on or setting the green light to flash on all items in the scan list?

Using with a Whistler WS 1040 scanner.

Thanks...

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Simple Task

Is there a method when using Win500 to turn settings on or off settings without having to go through each item one at a time?

Such as setting the backlight on or setting the green light to flash on all items in the scan list?

Using with a Whistler WS 1040 scanner.

Thanks...

When you are attempting to change LED colors, you can highlight the various talk groups you've selected. When everything is in blue, make you changes. You can include one talk group or highlight all to make changes.

If you've correctly mapped the radio, you can also go to each individual scan list and do the same thing regarding highlighting and making changes.

Attachments

• Galveston Win500 3.jpg
    Galveston Win500 3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

woodychapman1

Great, I don't have the software in front of me. I assume to highlight more than 1 line you hold the control key. Is that correct?

Thanks. This will certainly help me out.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Same Method

Great, I don't have the software in front of me. I assume to highlight more than 1 line you hold the control key. Is that correct?

Thanks. This will certainly help me out.

If you highlight a whole row of talk groups, you can make the necessary changes; however, all that are highlighted will have the same exact LED flash pattern, LED color, and alarm tone.

After you have finished programming, make sure you go to "all objects" to see if any TSYS is unattached to the talk groups.

I always default everything I program with a listing of scan list one. Then, if everything is messed up, I can at least hear what I've programmed. I believe I messed after the 4th day in a row of attempting to program the statewide P25 system in Colorado, one of the densest I've programmed. When I looked, there were talk groups without any numbers. Please, be aware, if you have these it will emit a "heap error." It basically means the top is separated from the bottom on trunking systems.

You can also do this with conventional frequencies, forget to map one. I know it is tedious, but check your work. You will always find a radio system unattached, but that is supposed to be that way.

To double check you scan lists, go to each one programmed by clicking "show scan list" in the screen I provided. Then, you know that all have been accounted for in your effort.

I used to love my PSR 500, but it is dead due to the most annoying issue, the flimsy BNC housing. In time, I will send it in for repair. Your model of radio has the same chassis.

I hope this helps.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.