Uninden 396xo

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The stock rubber duckie antennas are wide band, thus they work good on some frequencies, but not on others. Find an antenna tuned to the frequencies that you want to monitor.

Adjustable telescopic antennas like the Diamond RH789 work well, as you can adjust it to the frequency you want to hear.

The Diamond RH77CA is the most recommended antenna in the states.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
For the SOUND increase, go into the software you use to program your scanner, and in the CH options, there is a drop down menu to set the volume offset. +3 is the loudest. -3 is the quietest.

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you only have one or two, you can also change the volume offset via the menu as well. If you want to change a bunch, use software as the previous poster said.
Be sure to remember to change your program file or read the scanner before changing programming to prevent losing the changes.

chris

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Last edited:

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks I stil have trouble being getting the sounds louder but I’ll keep at it cheers

In addition to the volume offset setting, try playing with the reception mode, change from FM to NFM etc. An incorrect setting can cause clipping or low audio.

conann9

re download freq in my ubc396xt bearcat scanner

hi few years ago i went a premium member up lauded freq ok now i have a premium membership againg hoping to up load my 366xt bc scanner again paid money but not get ant thing for it, here in austrlia u have to recive the item or the service if not you need to get a refund by law i am the law al i ask is to be able to upload my scanner as its is comparative in your instructions here in radio reference ok so please advise me the best way i have tried but not useful i think your site not working properly i bit of help be great conann9

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As stated by W8RMH your system has a great deal of encryption on it. No scanner can break it, so you can't listen to those talkgroups marked 'DE'. Look at the URLs he gave you in message 7 of this thread

If you wish to listen to other services, that's possible. You need to get software - FreeScan will get you started, I think it will support the Aus version of the 396- and it's free. But before you do that, we have a wiki article with lots of links that will get you started here (links are always blue)

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

The Easier to Read guides are at the bottom

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.