Sentinel - BCD436

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I am updating my favorites list and I tried adding the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation to my scan list. It is a part of the Virginia Stars trunk system already programmed into the scanner. I saved my work and uploaded it to my 436 but It does not show up. I double checked to make sure I was not avoiding it in the scan list. Is there a limit to the talk groups or agencies it will accept in a scanlist for a trunk system?

Do I have to go back and specify what radio sites to monitor this department with?

bgav

Premium Subscriber
Yes you need to select sites for it to be able to monitor the site towers/CC when it's within reception range in addition to the TGs.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I think I rushed to judgement with the programming. The problem corrected itself. I needed to refresh the entire database again when uploading my new scan list. I am assuming that the scanner did not know what to scan because the underlying database was out of date.

I am updating my favorites list and I tried adding the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation to my scan list. It is a part of the Virginia Stars trunk system already programmed into the scanner. I saved my work and uploaded it to my 436 but It does not show up. I double checked to make sure I was not avoiding it in the scan list. Is there a limit to the talk groups or agencies it will accept in a scanlist for a trunk system?

Do I have to go back and specify what radio sites to monitor this department with?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That is a possibility, but you can't monitor a trunked system if you only program talkgroups. You have to program at least one transmitter site within reception range as well, or you will not be able to monitor the system.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
That is a possibility, but you can't monitor a trunked system if you only program talkgroups. You have to program at least one transmitter site within reception range as well, or you will not be able to monitor the system.
Yes already had that done. I needed to update the universal database to tell the scanner what the updates were

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
Favorites list

I'm trying to create a favorites list using the sentinel software. Once I have the favorites list created I then go to edit profile then service types tab and check what I want to monitor. But for some reason after I downloaded into the scanner it does not have what I want to monitor. For instance if I'm wanting to monitor law dispatch,law tac,and law talk, it will only monitor law dispatch. So I manually go into the settings and try to check what I want to monitor it doesn't even allow me to check anything. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to create a favorites list using the sentinel software. Once I have the favorites list created I then go to edit profile then service types tab and check what I want to monitor. But for some reason after I downloaded into the scanner it does not have what I want to monitor. For instance if I'm wanting to monitor law dispatch,law tac,and law talk, it will only monitor law dispatch. So I manually go into the settings and try to check what I want to monitor it doesn't even allow me to check anything. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
If you are not seeing the option to 'turn on' the service types on the scanner itself ("law talk" and "law tac"" are grayed out, cannot be activated), then the favorites list you downloaded to the scanner (or at least the list currently set to scan) does not have any entries for those service types.

Did you create the Favorites list, possibly by using the 'add channels in range' selection on the drop-down Edit menu, before you reset the service types in your profile? If so, Law Tac & Law Talk channels/talkgroups were not included in your list.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
Got it. It cannot be activated because it does not have any entries for those service types..
Thanks for the help.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
With a dmr channel does it matter if the modulation type is set to narrow fm or auto?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.