ARC500: Stuck with expired demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanmanmi

I was going on vacation and installed the demo of ARC500. I had some problems with it and couldn't get my PSR600 to work or do what I wanted to so I made a backup of my scanner, wiped it out, and programmed my vacation freq in. Now I want to restore my scanner but the demo is expired. So I basically used it once and now my scanner is a brick. Can I convert this gr5 to something else?

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Why don't you buy the program? It might more features than the demo.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Not sound like a wise guy but you can pay for the software or redo your scanner by hand.
It is not the software of my choice but it works and will save you time. As to answer your question I have never seen one brand software data file work with another software.

lou9155

you really should purchase it...its great software ..i setup my 651/652 up with the demo and realized i was gonna be constantly tweaking things .bought the software and never looked back...just remember to keep a copy of your license keys

scanmanmi

A) I don't like it. I had lots of problems and couldn't get Vfolders working.
B) There is no instruction manual. What kind of crummy company doesn't make a manual?
C) If I do buy it I will still have to buy a different program that works.
D) I don't know if there could be driver problems with multiple programs on one computer.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
A) You liked it enough to use it on your radio
B) Almost no computer software comes with a manual anymore
C) It works for hundred of others, including me
D) That's the luck of the draw with any Windows program you use

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
ARC500

I have used ARC500 for at least 10 years, and have tried the other choices. They all worked, but for me the ARC software made more sense. You can't blame the software for your not learning it in the time provided. Even with my new Whistler scanners and included software, the 106 still is used and updating without the software would be tedious.

RDGDigital

I was going on vacation and installed the demo of ARC500. I had some problems with it and couldn't get my PSR600 to work or do what I wanted to so I made a backup of my scanner, wiped it out, and programmed my vacation freq in. Now I want to restore my scanner but the demo is expired. So I basically used it once and now my scanner is a brick. Can I convert this gr5 to something else?

If you still haven't resolved this, I can convert this to a Win500 file for you. I have both ARC500 and Win500, so if you have a file you can send me, I'll convert it for you and send you a Win500 file. If interested, send me a PM and I'll give you an email address to send the file.

Hope this helps.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I hope you didn't delete the 'Backup' vfolder I installed for you. It was the same setup as I installed when you were here. If so I have the setup.
You could restore that vfolder from the radio itself to your listening main memory.
From easier to read scanner manual-
"To Load a V-Scanner Folder press FUNC then PGM. At 'Select Operation', press F1 (Load).
(If its still there, select Backup)
Press F3 (Load). 'Really overwrite main memory?' appears then press F1 (Yes) to load. Press SCAN to reboot the scanner and start scanning."

Most all you can do with software you can do with just the radio.

I use psredit500. Once you have the setup in the scanner working memory, you can use any software package to bring that info into any software package since the scanner is the common item for them, its the software file that is unique from each other.

Call me if needed my # is on the paper list I gave you as well.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
My ARC500 Pro is worthless to me and has been ever since I purchased the full Pro version last year, as I have never been able to get the virtual display to work. Yeah one of the rare ones out here that cannot get it to work no matter how many times I reloaded the drivers (can we type 'reload the drivers' 35 times real fast and then ignore the customer?) So what would anybody recommend for the Whistler 1065 with a virtual control option? (Win10) PSREdit, or WIN500 or...?

scanmanmi

I hope you didn't delete the 'Backup' vfolder I installed for you. It was the same setup as I installed when you were here. If so I have the setup.
You could restore that vfolder from the radio itself to your listening main memory.

That fixed it! Thanks Ron :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.