BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkraig

Is BCD996P2 made for P25 standard programming? Have downloaded P25 Standard for my area to ARC XLT PRO program, but my scanner doesn't recognize the file.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Is BCD996P2 made for P25 standard programming? Have downloaded P25 Standard for my area to ARC XLT PRO program, but my scanner doesn't recognize the file.
Looking at your county in the database, the only listed P25 channel is the Runnels Sheriffs Office.

What system are you trying to program? And what are you referring to with "my scanner does not recognize the file"? Are you seeing an on-screen error? Or actually meaning that you are not receiving what you expected?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
You are not hearing San Angelo? Do you have enough signal to receive that system from your neighboring county?

Note that if you are wondering why you are not hearing San Angelo PD, their talkgroups are flagged as being encrypted full time. No scanner, no matter how you program it, will receive encrypted radio traffic. Look in the Mode column for that system. For San Angelo PD, all of the TGID's are flagged as DE, which is P25 Phase I, with full time encryption. If one was labeled as De, a lower case E, that would indicate that encryption is being used only part time.

If you have San Angelo programmed, does the scanner indicate that it is receiving it? Signal strength indicated? If you are hearing the control channel for the system, and have the talkgroups programmed, you should be able to hear San Angelo Fire. They are not listed as encrypted.

jkraig

San Angelo updated their system, so I was trying to update and download. San Angelo Fire and EMS is the key functions I need. I get plenty of signal strength. My problem is getting the system downloaded in to the scanner. I've pulled it from here into ARCXLT pro, omit the group and sites i don't need and upload in to the scanner. shows its stored, but doesn't show up in the scanning mode

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
San Angelo updated their system, so I was trying to update and download. San Angelo Fire and EMS is the key functions I need. I get plenty of signal strength. My problem is getting the system downloaded in to the scanner. I've pulled it from here into ARCXLT pro, omit the group and sites i don't need and upload in to the scanner. shows its stored, but doesn't show up in the scanning mode
There is only one "site" for the P25 system. It's a simulcast, so there are four physical site locations (towers), but all of them use the same set of frequencies. The EDACS system does have several sites, but that system supposedly is no longer in use.

Look at your P25 system file, and make sure that you have it's site entered and that it is not locked out. I suspect it's locked out or was inadvertently deleted. Unfortunate, I don't use ARC-XT, so I can't look at your file to see if I see anything else that should be changed. I use ProScan & FreeSCAN. Verify that the Fire & EMS TGIDs are in your file, and not locked out. You might also set the system to ID Search instead of ID Scan, just to see if you hear anything.

jkraig

Well after digging deeper into data that i don't understand to well with your advice, I realized that the download didn't pull the frequencies with the site info. II just figured that would have been something I didn't have to worry about. LOL, makes me feel really smart. Thanks so much for the time, advice, and knowledge which resulted in some confidence here. All is well and working great. Have a blessed weekend.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Well after digging deeper into data that i don't understand to well with your advice, I realized that the download didn't pull the frequencies with the site info. II just figured that would have been something I didn't have to worry about. LOL, makes me feel really smart. Thanks so much for the time, advice, and knowledge which resulted in some confidence here. All is well and working great. Have a blessed weekend.
You're welcome.

This is not the first time something like that happened. Something not checked for download, or the wrong thing downloaded. But once you look it over again, it's usually straightforward to correct and get up & running.

Enjoy your scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.