ProScan: Can't Detect Com Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Hi
I just downloaded Proscan 14.3. When I connect my BCD436 through the USB cable, the program cannot find the comport to connect to the scanner. All the other software can connect, and the computer beeps when the scanner goes into programming mode. The previous versions had no problem connecting

Is there something wrong?

Mike W2MDM

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi
I just downloaded Proscan 14.3. When I connect my BCD436 through the USB cable, the program cannot find the comport to connect to the scanner. All the other software can connect, and the computer beeps when the scanner goes into programming mode. The previous versions had no problem connecting

Is there something wrong?

Mike W2MDM

What other software can connect? Is one of the other software has the comm. port opened? Only one software can access the comm. port at a time so set the other software comm. port to none or unload and then try to see if ProScan can open the comm. port. Also make sure the scanner is in Serial Port mode.

No serial port changes in the latest version and no one else is reporting this problem so I would say it's an operator error.

Status
Not open for further replies.